Where to buy Macbook pro 15".

Jeddd

Jun 3, 2010
Hi guys.. I'm Looking to get a brand new MacBook pro 15". I realized all the store or authorized dealers are selling at the same price. Just wondering if I can get a better deal anywhere? Thanks!!

apple products are price controlled. so u wun find any dealers selling at lower price.

Any kids or educator friend? Apple Store has education discounts :)

Hi guys.. I'm Looking to get a brand new MacBook pro 15". I realized all the store or authorized dealers are selling at the same price. Just wondering if I can get a better deal anywhere? Thanks!!

There was a big one day sale last friday on apple singapore's website. too bad you missed it.

Try Sim lim square, a friend of mine told me its cheaper there at one of the official retailer

Hong Kong.

Try Nubox.. last dec promotion free upgrade ram 4MB. They may still have it for CNY... you need to ask the sales, they don't display it...

Last edited:
Thanks guys! I will probably drop by sim lim and nubox. I dont have any 'kids' friend.. haha too old myself :( Thanks ppl!

Anyway i doubt HK will be much cheaper right?

Apple controls it's prices so that around the world, it costs about the same USD. Since HK and the USA have a fixed rate of 1:7.7, it's possible to benefit greatly from currency fluctuations.

Thanks guys! I will probably drop by sim lim and nubox. I dont have any 'kids' friend.. haha too old myself :( Thanks ppl!

Apple controls the retail prices of their products across the world... However if you have any friends that are students, or educators (teachers), you will be able to buy off their online education store at $150 off. Elsewhere, the margin is controlled so even the retailers can give you discount, it will not be much...

Apple's official listed price is cheaper too in Hong Kong, hence you might want to buy there instead of Singapore if you are going over there soon...

I agree with evilorgi, the prices of apple products are pretty much fixed everywhere else. The only difference you'll get will be the free gifts that each shop will be able to offer.

Well you *can* switch jobs and be an educator :)

One other way is to use loyalty points or vouchers. Bought my MBP from Challenger since I had loads of Challenger points and Capital Mall vouchers. The points as a result of my own purchases as well as friends/relatives using my Challenger membership to get "membership prices" when buying things there.

Bought my MBP at a few hundred bucks off at Funan.