where to buy LONG SCV to TV cable

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

canon

where can I buy long SCV to TV cable?

Sim Lim square, there is a shop selling for 20meters cost $60

and the 1-in and 4 out splitter cost $23.
very expensive,

any cheaper alternatives?

Thanks a miliion.

Have you tried Sim Lim Tower - They seem to carry products more specific to your needs.

20 meters for $60, hmmm I think for that price I can add a little more to get a technician to wire up with splitter and junction box with trunking.

go Sim Lim Tower and buy....it is VERY cheap....just buy the parts and DIY...but make sure dun short circuit the two cables inside....if i am not wrong.....very good quality cable is abt $0.8 per meter...and the plug is abt $1-$1.5 (gold plated somemore)

remember to walk around to ask for best price and bargain too...

for splitter...where got $23 so expensive...i can;t remmeber the exact price already...but should be less than $10 (for a good quality spliiter, gold plated somemore)

thanks, should take a walk there

Sim Lim Tower sure got. Mine was bought there. But I forgot which shop lor. My bf got it for me...he got everything fixed in place for me. But I remember it's a shop which sells ALOT of cables...almost the whole shop sells cables. I think it's quite hard to find many shops which sells mainly cables...so I think if you have the time to walk around...you'll be able to find the shop. Get the man to cut the required amount for you and fix the ends. :D

thanks a lot, wish I have someone who will be so nice to buy for me.....

how much is it? Do you know?

Originally posted by kamwai

Huh? i tot i stated the price above already?

Thanks, but I don't know how to fixed the connector. any tips?

Originally posted by canon

Thanks, but I don't know how to fixed the connector. any tips?

The shop which I was saying...well, he fixed the connector for me too. He has the tools mah...easier for him to do it for me. I think just need to pay for the connector and he'll fix it to the ends of the wire for you. Dun remember if I paid him for workmanship for connecting the connector...but even if need to pay, I think also very cheap...maybe a few dollars lor. :)
Can try to see if you can find the shop. :D

Originally posted by Baby_Maro

The shop which I was saying...well, he fixed the connector for me too. He has the tools mah...easier for him to do it for me. I think just need to pay for the connector and he'll fix it to the ends of the wire for you. Dun remember if I paid him for workmanship for connecting the connector...but even if need to pay, I think also very cheap...maybe a few dollars lor. :)
Can try to see if you can find the shop. :D

i ask before...a shop in SLT basement....workmanship for just connecting two plugs to a cable...is abt $10-$15

and the boss like not happy already when i tell him that i will try to DIY since it is too expensive...then he like dun want to sell me like that...in the end i went to another shop to get it

too bad i cannot go SLT with u...by the time i reach city after work....SLS also almost close already

may be u can buy the parts first then i assemble for u lor..just a sisscors and small screw driver can already

i don't think 20 meters will not work. the signal will loss. maximum length is 10 meters. unless you got a repeater or a good hub.

Originally posted by ninelives
i don't think 20 meters will not work. the signal will loss. maximum length is 10 meters. unless you got a repeater or a good hub.

I have brought the cable, 20m works perfectly fine, and I install a 1-in-3-out splitter also no problem

Originally posted by kamwai

i ask before...a shop in SLT basement....workmanship for just connecting two plugs to a cable...is abt $10-$15

and the boss like not happy already when i tell him that i will try to DIY since it is too expensive...then he like dun want to sell me like that...in the end i went to another shop to get it

too bad i cannot go SLT with u...by the time i reach city after work....SLS also almost close already

may be u can buy the parts first then i assemble for u lor..just a sisscors and small screw driver can already

Hmm...I remember the shop I went to was ok. But dun remember it being at the basement lor. Think me and bf did went up to look cos I remember we walk the basement for very long still can't find professional help lor. Either the auntie dunno still act like she know say any normal cable will do, if not, it is they dunno which one is suitable. I think finally we found one which is not on basement one. The whole shop full of wheels and wheels of different cables...black ones, coloured ones...all cables. Once we go in, ask the uncle, he immediately tell us which cable is for SCV, and my bf double check with his list (he did research and found which is suitable) and found that it is correct...the uncle even ask if we need him to do the connector for us. Quite nice uncle. :D

Originally posted by canon

I have brought the cable, 20m works perfectly fine, and I install a 1-in-3-out splitter also no problem

So everything is all done and up? :D
Now you can enjoy your SCV. Can enjoy world cup 2002. :D

Baby_Maro said:
Hmm...I remember the shop I went to was ok. But dun remember it being at the basement lor. Think me and bf did went up to look cos I remember we walk the basement for very long still can't find professional help lor. Either the auntie dunno still act like she know say any normal cable will do, if not, it is they dunno which one is suitable. I think finally we found one which is not on basement one. The whole shop full of wheels and wheels of different cables...black ones, coloured ones...all cables. Once we go in, ask the uncle, he immediately tell us which cable is for SCV, and my bf double check with his list (he did research and found which is suitable) and found that it is correct...the uncle even ask if we need him to do the connector for us. Quite nice uncle. :D

Hey I wanna hock up my TV card and cable modem together from the splitter in my living room (my hse only got 1 SCV point). Can I do this:

SCV point > Splitter > Living room TV & Splitter > Cable modem & TV Card.

Anyone knows which shop in SLS can help me cut my 5M cable into half with the connectors?

Baby_Maro said:
Sim Lim Tower sure got. Mine was bought there. But I forgot which shop lor. My bf got it for me...he got everything fixed in place for me. But I remember it's a shop which sells ALOT of cables...almost the whole shop sells cables. I think it's quite hard to find many shops which sells mainly cables...so I think if you have the time to walk around...you'll be able to find the shop. Get the man to cut the required amount for you and fix the ends. :D

That should be LHS on the 2nd storey. The boss, Robert, is a very nice guy. He will terminate cables F.o.C. if you buy everything (cable + connectors) from him.
It's a little hard to spot the shop if you're not familiar with the place though.

Status
Not open for further replies.