where to buy "lollipod" ? :)

thanantosis

Oct 16, 2006
hi guys

need a light tripod (less then 500g) for my long trip around 8 months.

i dont need a real good one. height wise, around a 1.3m will do

i came across this "lollipod"

http://www.faith.hk/html/Deep-Sea-Blue_product_detail_2723.html

any idea where it can be found locally?

if not is there anything similar? beside "manfrotto 682B SELF STANDING MONOPOD BLACK"

thanks in advance!!!

:)

Last edited:
i also interest in this one... hopefully some kind soul will help...

The 'Lollipod' have only a Load Capacity of 0.42kg..... if you are using this with a PnS.... tons of cheapo plastic tripod out there. :thumbsd:

otaru- hi will let u know if i found anything similar :)

diver-hloc - hi, understand that it will only take 0.42kg, im using d90. thus im hopping that i can have a "look and feel" of this product in sg... to check the build out.... those tons of "cheapo" plastic tripod is light weight too?... thanks

otaru- hi will let u know if i found anything similar :)

diver-hloc - hi, understand that it will only take 0.42kg, im using d90. thus im hopping that i can have a "look and feel" of this product in sg... to check the build out.... those tons of "cheapo" plastic tripod is light weight too?... thanks

The D90 body (with batt) is already around 700+g and this is NOT inclusive of a lens. The camera setup is already way heavier than the weight capacity of the 0.42kg tripod, so this tripod (stamp + chop) cannot be used.

The recommended tripod weight capacity should be at least twice that of your camera setup's weight. Unless you want to risk your gears falling over when the wind blows, by all means pls do not settle for a cheap tripod to "get by".

Edit: Oh yes, most "cheapo" plastic tripod can only support light weighted setups like say entry level bodies with 18-55 lens only. The 0.42kg will only be suitable for all compact cams and light prosumers.

Last edited:
The D90 body (with batt) is already around 700+g and this is NOT inclusive of a lens. The camera setup is already way heavier than the weight capacity of the 0.42kg tripod, so this tripod (stamp + chop) cannot be used.

The recommended tripod weight capacity should be at least twice that of your camera setup's weight. Unless you want to risk your gears falling over when the wind blows, by all means pls do not settle for a cheap tripod to "get by".

Edit: Oh yes, most "cheapo" plastic tripod can only support light weighted setups like say entry level bodies with 18-55 lens only. The 0.42kg will only be suitable for all compact cams and light prosumers.

thanks for the reply, noted, but still will like to find out where to get this tripod as it might come in handy for my friend who are using pns camera.

as for the cheapo plastic... i guess u are right too... i just cant seem to find any tripod or monopod with legs... that is lighter then 500g....

weight is really an issue here as i will be traveling for a long time...