Where to buy lightroom?

Lingkang

Jan 22, 2011
Singapore
hey guys,

I know this is a kind of newbie question to ask (well I am a newbie!) but well i'm looking to go beyond just picasa's 'im feeling lucky' in terms of post production and been researching on which software to get. I've probably settled on Adobe Lightroom as it seems quite easy and intuitive to use in the video's i've watched.

Question: Where do you guys' normally get the software from? Do you purchase and download directly from Adobe's webpage? $299?? Or are there cheaper alternatives or means to get it? Read on their webpage about student/teacher deals, but does not seem to be available in Singapore. Have also seen some webpages sell an OEM version of it for $59.90, but the pages seem rather dodgy, and too cheap to be true. Wondering if theres any catch about it?

Thanks for your time and help!

you can download and purchase the licence online, the box will deliver to you from local warehouse. afaik, no education licence available in Singapore, you may contact support to verify that.

Are you a student?

http://www.mine.com.sg/adobe/

Note though that that's photoshop itself, not Lightroom. Lightroom is seen as being for professionals only, so no student deals.

Last edited:
hmm ok so most of you out there who are using lightroom just bought it directly from the adobe webpage at $299usd? No cheaper alternative?

hmm ok so most of you out there who are using lightroom just bought it directly from the adobe webpage at $299usd? No cheaper alternative?

Exchange rate now is quite good. :)