Where to buy lens overseas for a good price and reliable lens?

ctxx83

Nov 29, 2010
Hi all, i have seen some post that some of the guys here went overseas to buy lens. Is the lens cheaper oversea? How about JB? I guess this is a noob post so please pardon me for this.

Since you lack the very basics of photography (as shown here) I suggest stopping this topic and using your 50mm 1.8 till you know what you really need. Learn to walk before you run :)

why is TS precluded from buying more lenses just because he's new though... aren't most noobs encouraged to begin with 2-lens combos anyway...

You mght want to check out the classifieds section on this site first. Gives you the chance to touch and feel the lens you are buying. Also you can find good deals as members do sell used lenses at much lower price.

I came across this website from one of the magazine and realised that most of their 3rd party lenses are cheaper than the price listed in the CS price guide:

http://www.miyamondo.com.my

Perhaps you can take a look since this shop is only in Malaysia. Not sure about how the warranty works though...

Since you lack the very basics of photography (as shown here) I suggest stopping this topic and using your 50mm 1.8 till you know what you really need. Learn to walk before you run :)

Having the best equip possible would only allow TS to steepen his learning process.
Many of us start with a Nikon D700 or a Canon 7D.. why settle for anything less?:dunno:

Having the best equip possible would only allow TS to steepen his learning process.
Many of us start with a Nikon D700 or a Canon 7D.. why settle for anything less?:dunno:

Entirely wrong mindset. Learning the fundamentals is as easy/difficult on an entrylevel camera as an advanced one. At least the entry level camera still offers Auto, which can be a basic guide for newbies to see what settings the camera would use in a given situation.