Where to BUY kites in the West

Picard

May 27, 2004
Clementi, Singapore
Hi all, Just recently discovered the joys of kite flying with my Little daughter. Thought of upgrading my puny kite to a more 'magnificent' (big and impressive ) one. Wondering where to buy one of those in the west - Clementi / Bukit Timah area .

Check it out at king of kite. He supply nice kite. I know him but I dun have his no.

Hi Picard,you can get at NTUC jurong point level 3.

Hi! care to share where king of kites is? thanks in advance!

Hi all, Just recently discovered the joys of kite flying with my Little daughter. Thought of upgrading my puny kite to a more 'magnificent' (big and impressive ) one. Wondering where to buy one of those in the west - Clementi / Bukit Timah area .

in Marina Barracks, there is a shop at the ground flour that sells very nice and affordable big big kites with fleshing lights. Get it from there and can go fly kite on the spot.

Thanks to all who have replied with a lot of useful info.

Have managed to contact a reference given and have ordered a beautiful kite for my daughter.

Thank you.

yes. sengkang near the swimming pool 7 eleven got his stock. but not all. if u happen to stay near SK. u can meet him almost every night at the big field near the swimming pool. the boss name is chua if i never remember wrong..

notice a lot of kite flyers in marina barrage and punggol recently.

Here is one of my biggest kites....about 2.5m x 2m, see if you can spot me in the sky :)

xt7j9709600.jpg

xt7j9706600.jpg

Last edited:
Recently saw people selling kites in Queensway Shopping Centre, lvl 1, beside the POSB ATM

Those kites arn't of great quality at queensway, I recommend u can try at west coast park during weekends around 6-7pm there's a few kite sellers near to the seaside who sells pretty good quality and are helpful to impart some kite flying techniques to you. They have Led lights to clip onto your kites as well for nite flying. One of the seller's name is Jason Ho, look out for him. I bought my 2m big smiley kite from him and it's real solid. Cheers!

do check out this url http://layanginthesky.blogspot.com they do delivery. Price wise-reasonable. I bought quite a number of kites from them before.

Managed to get from Jack & Jan from the above blog. For a small fee they actually deliver to your doorstep otherwise have to go to their place @ Sengkang.

Tie a dead knot?

Ok...now that i have a decent and respectable kite (and a big thread wheel)....can I ask if I should tie a dead knot from the kite to the thread wheel. If I do this then I would not be able to interchange the thread wheel right?

Any suggestions for interchanging the thread wheel with other kites (I intend to invest in one or two more).

Thanks

King of Kites is run by a Mr Zhang. Mobile 81273058.
His office is located at Wing Tai Industrial Building along Tampines Rd (level 5).

In fact, i just got huge kites from him this evening.

IMO, his prices/kite quality are one of the better ones around.

thanks for the heads up! this is great!

Tie a dead knot?

Ok...now that i have a decent and respectable kite (and a big thread wheel)....can I ask if I should tie a dead knot from the kite to the thread wheel. If I do this then I would not be able to interchange the thread wheel right?

Any suggestions for interchanging the thread wheel with other kites (I intend to invest in one or two more).

Thanks

Get a fishing tackle swivel & tie that to your spool of string. In this way, you can unlatch the kite from it easily. Available from fishing tackle shop, Daiso etc.

Barrel_swivel_with_interlock_snap.jpg

you can get many cheap kites from http://onlinekiteshop.blogspot.com/ :bsmilie: i bought one from them few days ago. Seller was very friendly too! you may sms them at 96973337 :thumbsup: