where to buy Hygrometer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vintay23

Dec 31, 2009
Singapore East
Hi,
Anyone know where can I buy Hygrometer and cost?
Is there analog or digital type?
TRy searching the forum but cannot find :(

Sim Lim Tower, many many....analogue/digital also have. About $25.

Alternatively, www.dealextreme.com - free shipping to singapore

Got mine form Op (SLM) at $20.
Digital hygrometer for my Analogue Dri cabi.. HTH..

Hi,
Anyone know where can I buy Hygrometer and cost?
Is there analog or digital type?
TRy searching the forum but cannot find :(
Don't just anyhow buy one. Bring one that is known to be accurate and use its readings as a reference when choosing one. A non accurate one can be off by as much as RH 15%. So choose wisely.

Don't just anyhow buy one. Bring one that is known to be accurate and use its readings as a reference when choosing one. A non accurate one can be off by as much as RH 15%. So choose wisely.

Would you have any recommendations as to which are reliable/renowned for accuracy?

Would you have any recommendations as to which are reliable/renowned for accuracy?
My personal experience tells me the Caliber 3 is accurate out of the box. I've bought 2 of them together with some other makes, 8 in total, and have subjected them to DIY and Humidipak salt tests. The results showed that one of the WC3 was dead on RH75% while the other was 74%. The rest were between 71% and 72%. One other that I had bought from a local DIY shop tested +15%.

Any company selling scientific instrument; esp those to school.

bought mine @local DIY shop...reading +5% compare to my digital reading in dry-cabi. not sure which one more accurate...:think:

i buy from ebay, think about $10... i have 2 in my dry cabinet and readings indicate accuracy of +/-5% when compared to the readings on the meter of the dry cabinet.

My personal experience tells me the Caliber 3 is accurate out of the box. I've bought 2 of them together with some other makes, 8 in total, and have subjected them to DIY and Humidipak salt tests. The results showed that one of the WC3 was dead on RH75% while the other was 74%. The rest were between 71% and 72%. One other that I had bought from a local DIY shop tested +15%.

Thanks for the heads up Barrios! :)

i have more than 10 Hygrometers, 5 from the dry cabinets - from digi-cabi, and each one shows different readings when placed in the same cupboard. Even the 2 bought from sim lim tower and 1 from casio all show different readouts. Like this how to believe who is telling the truth? Is there any calibrated Hygrometeres out there to tell a accurate reading?

i have more than 10 Hygrometers, 5 from the dry cabinets - from digi-cabi, and each one shows different readings when placed in the same cupboard. Even the 2 bought from sim lim tower and 1 from casio all show different readouts. Like this how to believe who is telling the truth? Is there any calibrated Hygrometeres out there to tell a accurate reading?
You will need a certified scientific hygrometer for that.

Fluke - Hart Scientific 1620A DewK hygrometer with up to up to ±1.5% to ±2.0% accuracy, start bid at US$$1,795.00.

Last edited:
I would'nt waste too much time on the accuracy of the meter; you can feel the dry air when you stick your hand inside.

I rather spent more time taking photographs.

I don't have a wine cell but the CALIBER III is accurate and measures down to zero. Got 1 unit and is accurate. Buy those that coupled with humidipak to check for accuracy for the rest of your 10 hygrometers.

If it interest you, take a sealed bottle and fill half with silica gel. You will notice that different hygrometer has high resistance in measuring low %, some may just stuck at 20%. But that all do pretty fine along 40-80%.

when u talk abt difference in reading, how much is it? unless u talking +/- 10% or more, why worry so much. why u need to have such an accurate RH reading for. i would say relax n spend the extra cash on lenses or tripod

just do the salt test to see how much your hygrometer is off by....... it will CONSTANTLY be off by that amt........ adjust mentally each time you have a look at the reading

google 'hygroscopic salt test' to see how to administer the test yourself (very easy)

thanks all for contributing!
btw those who have brought in Sim Lim, any specific shop?
Sim Lim is very BIG
if possible, include pricing also.

thanks all for contributing!
btw those who have brought in Sim Lim, any specific shop?
Sim Lim is very BIG
if possible, include pricing also.

in sim lim tower at the basement of the tower at b1 in the shop right next to
the escalater there is a shop who door is just outside the;p escalater that sell those hydrometers which is displaces in the shop windows shell

Status
Not open for further replies.