Where to Buy GPS the Cheapest

i wanna buy a GPS, any brand to intro me? i'm using it for both Malaysia and Singapore. Hopefully can get a Garmin, i don't care about the big LCD.

What i care about is the following:
1) accuracy
2) Fast
3) Cheap(below S$250):D

Please advise me thank you.

honestly? ur phone. its free haha. mine has gps and i can use it when ineed it.

i wanna buy a GPS, any brand to intro me? i'm using it for both Malaysia and Singapore. Hopefully can get a Garmin, i don't care about the big LCD.

1) accuracy
2) Fast

u ask this kinda question here, u obviously dunno who is the towkay here...

http://www.eastgear.com/gps-navigation/garmin.html?p=1

but strange all no stock...

i have 2 sets of these...

http://www.eastgear.com/holux-6213.html

so far so good... althou it does get its tantrums once in a while, esp during these hot season... or the extremely cloudy season.

honestly? ur phone. its free haha. mine has gps and i can use it when ineed it.

i never try my iphone one... but i saw a fren use it on his car and after he made a wrong turn, thats it... no rerouting function... then once the connection is out of alignment, have to take it out of holder and do a figure of 8 aka the infinity sign... kinda dangerous imho.

i never try my iphone one... but i saw a fren use it on his car and after he made a wrong turn, thats it... no rerouting function... then once the connection is out of alignment, have to take it out of holder and do a figure of 8 aka the infinity sign... kinda dangerous imho.

Don't try your REAL iphone and action action use the google map? Or other map, unless you have data plan. iphone uses your phone location via radio instead of gps and sent/receive data via internet/GPRS. iphone don't have gps... LOL.

Personally, i would recommend garmin, maps are updatability. And there are other things you can put inside the machine other than maps.
Another famous gps navigation brand is the shinco gps. its rather cheap and you can get it at about $79 - $133 @ audiohouse.

Still, +1 for garmin. Buy the one with Mal/Sing map only... Don't get scam by salesman, selling you at high prices with those useless map you don't need. Like: Taiwan map, China map or even SA map?

Cheers :D

Don't try your REAL iphone and action action use the google map? Or other map, unless you have data plan. iphone uses your phone location via radio instead of gps and sent/receive data via internet/GPRS. iphone don't have gps... LOL.

Personally, i would recommend garmin, maps are updatability. And there are other things you can put inside the machine other than maps.
Another famous gps navigation brand is the shinco gps. its rather cheap and you can get it at about $79 - $133 @ audiohouse.

Still, +1 for garmin. Buy the one with Mal/Sing map only... Don't get scam by salesman, selling you at high prices with those useless map you don't need. Like: Taiwan map, China map or even SA map?

hahaha:D

i had a nokia navigator in the past. so i used it when i was in taiwan to do a lil tracking via real gps lar. as far as i can tell, its quite laggy. but a good estimate

hahaha:D

i had a nokia navigator in the past. so i used it when i was in taiwan to do a lil tracking via real gps lar. as far as i can tell, its quite laggy. but a good estimate

Nokia run on java platform, ofcourse lag. lol. Not boasting my phone, but if your plan reaches, try out the GarminAsus phone. M10 or M20. Acquire Satellite in second under open area and ready to navigate at any point. :D

I used nokia navigation recently also. Cause nokia giving out free map on their mobile phone. The satellite kept lost reception. Haha :D

CHeers :D

Nokia run on java platform, ofcourse lag. lol. Not boasting my phone, but if your plan reaches, try out the GarminAsus phone. M10 or M20. Acquire Satellite in second under open area and ready to navigate at any point. :D

I used nokia navigation recently also. Cause nokia giving out free map on their mobile phone. The satellite kept lost reception. Haha :D

nah. currently running on htc hd2. so far using it as potrable media player:bsmilie:
CHeers :D

What a waste on the hd2... Do some googling. a HD2 is a good phone to mod... Currently the UpUpUp market phone.

ah. but got hit the upupup limit. apparently its unable to port iphone os over, not able to port andriod and a lot more. kinda sad

perhaps u could guide me oon what stuff to mod? ;)

ah. but got hit the upupup limit. apparently its unable to port iphone os over, not able to port andriod and a lot more. kinda sad

perhaps u could guide me oon what stuff to mod? ;)

HD2 able to port andriod... check out this site... All my phone modd from there. Diamond to my Asus.
It even start on dual boot... WM or andriod.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=532 <- HD2 forum.

Don't worry and just play with your HD2. It has 1ghz speed to run on cooked ROM.

Currently using the Garmin nuvi 205W. Bought it at the last IT fair from Eastgear, $199. Comes complete with everything for a basic car setup.

http://www.eastgear.com/garmin-nuvi-205w.html

Voice direction is loud, and display is bright and easy to read. No text-to-speech for this model though.

Not the fastest nor the most accurate, but I feel it's value for money. Updated maps can be obtained from MalSingmaps which is pretty accurate, complete and fuss-free. But in the end, the most efficient route is still calculated by the human brain...can't rely on GPS 100%.

Last edited:
Currently using the Garmin nuvi 205W. Bought it at the last IT fair from Eastgear, $199. Comes complete with everything for a basic car setup.

Voice direction is loud, and display is bright and easy to read. No text-to-speech for this model though.

"three hundred meter turn left", "one meter turn right"... Haha :D

Cheers. :D Using it too... :D

Dude, typically you can only get two out of the three : good (quality), fast (speed), cheap (price). You may want to elaborate what level of accuracy and speed (of locking?) you need.

1) accuracy
2) Fast

if you want cheap and good, use gps on handphone like nokie navigator.

sorry for the OT, but is the holux the only gps with live traffic?

Not the fastest nor the most accurate, but I feel it's value for money. Updated maps can be obtained from MalSingmaps which is pretty accurate, complete and fuss-free. But in the end, the most efficient route is still calculated by the human brain...can't rely on GPS 100%.

ya i also planning to buy this Garmin nuvi 205w. But may i ask you whether there is a free update on Malaysia map? cos i live in Malaysia and planning to use it in Malaysia more offen then in Singapore.

ya i also planning to buy this Garmin nuvi 205w. But may i ask you whether there is a free update on Malaysia map? cos i live in Malaysia and planning to use it in Malaysia more offen then in Singapore.

Follow the MalSingmaps link provided by Ah Pao and you should be able to obtain those map.

The maps available in there are pretty much accurate and updated.

Follow the MalSingmaps link provided by Ah Pao and you should be able to obtain those map.

The maps available in there are pretty much accurate and updated.

sorry that i ask again is it free, i'm a very cheapo guy, Who won't like to spend money if can get it for free.;p

Thanks.

sorry that i ask again is it free, i'm a very cheapo guy, Who won't like to spend money if can get it for free.;p

Thanks.

It is free.