Where to buy coloured acrylic/perspex/plastic

Status
Not open for further replies.

yanyewkay

Sep 22, 2004
Cons digger.
Anyone knows where to buy the above mentioned items? Need 1 sheet about A4 sized 2mm. 1 piece black and 1 piece white.

Need to be highly glossed surfaced (like those freshly peeled from the protective paper)

or anyone has spare to sell :embrass: (give :D ) me?

thanks!

i ususally take from my secondary school if i need. =)

but if you're looking for those. you can try. ubi ? eunos. near the police headquarters and macpherson ITE. it's along that row of shophouses.

yanyewkay said:
Anyone knows where to buy the above mentioned items? Need 1 sheet about A4 sized 2mm. 1 piece black and 1 piece white.

Need to be highly glossed surfaced (like those freshly peeled from the protective paper)

thanks!

i only got transparent... hehe can put a piece of white paper or black paper under become watever color u wan already... ;p

anyway, i get from a nearby shop call swees engineering, they do sell loose as well.. can pop by there to check.

yanyewkay said:

thanks!

go to any photo framing shop I think they would have...
there's one that makes frames and cuts glass and acrylic boards in opposite queensway shopping center.

slaam said:
go to any photo framing shop I think they would have...
there's one that makes frames and cuts glass and acrylic boards in opposite queensway shopping center.

those are transparent, i think he needs one that is inherently opaque and new, finishing is glossy, and white one will look like a white apple ipod.

thanks everyone :D

DCA: I can't use a transparent one becos the reflection will not be on the surface and will cause a "double reflection" effect ;p

Will try out ubi area (so far from my place..)

try Art Friend at Bras Basah Complex, i think there's a branch at Ngee Ann City also, i always think that they overcharge for the art materials but they have the market monopoly in any case so can't complain much. i'll check if i have any spare materials tonight and let you know, cheers :)

Bras Brasah Complex. I believe its at the 2nd or 3rd floor, there's a shop that deals only in acrylic products custom made to your specs. Its located at the backrow of shops. Sorry i cant be more detailed.;p

There are opaque colored acrylic at Art Friend at Bras Basah Complex. If you want 2mm thickness, you probably need to buy 12"X18". The smaller sized ones are 1 mm thickness only.

Off hand, I cannot remember what colors were available for the opaque ones as I was buying the normal transparent ones. :dunno: The transparent sheets are also available in a few colors.

If you are first time working with acrylic sheets, you might want to buy the cutting tool. Ask the staff for it. It might come in handy. Off course, I suppose you can use normal penknife cutter too.

catchlights said:
yes, art friend have.

but they are overpriced over there

i did a MO for frostly color acrylic, transparent acrylic, coloured acrylic, tinted acrylic for those casing modder many years back

the price i got was good but now i can't recall my source liao, they got all kinds of shape and thickness somemore and will cut to the dimension that u want. Where as for arts friend, they only got fixed size and u got to cut yourself.

using machine vs pen knife to cut, the result is very much different

catchlights said:
I know, but only buying a small piece why waste time hunting high and low.

not really difficult the find..now i recall liao, the shop is along serangoon road, near my gf place

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
heat cutting is the best, soft edges... cold cut will result in a rough edge... unless u got a buffer at home...

no need buffer, use extra fine sand paper, finish off w/ a nail buffing kit.

if nails can shine, so can ur acrylic sheet! :bsmilie:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
verasamy road rite... happen so i know where your gf stay leh... :bsmilie:

nope...further down near boon keng that side

the row of shophouses at the junction of balester road, lavender street and serangoon road

it is along the main road and i pass by that place everyday :bsmilie:

Wai said:
nope...further down near boon keng that side

the row of shophouses at the junction of balester road, lavender street and serangoon road

it is along the main road and i pass by that place everyday :bsmilie:

the one do signcraft 1 ar?

Status
Not open for further replies.