Where to buy cheaper earphones/headphones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

David

Deregistered
Mar 21, 2002
Visit site
Thot of getting a Sony/Aiwa Panasonic etc clip-on earphone. Any good shops to recommend? I can easily find them in places like Harvey Norman etc but I believe such places are more expensive?

Thanks!

Hi !

Try Challenges at tampines or funan
I bought my from Tampines branch
Cheap and good
Bought at $10 or less

Wah so cheap? Is it the better brands? If so, I'll go check out...

earclip headphones doesnt sound good especially sony, panasonic, aiwa
ones. they're made in china or phillipines mostly, though the sony V series headphones for DJ are really really good. I bought a philip earpiece phone at around 60+SGD, and geez, even an 8 dollar one sounds better. Just a note.

If size doesn't matter, try BOSE headphone :) :thumbsup:

dennisc said:
earclip headphones doesnt sound good especially sony, panasonic, aiwa
ones. they're made in china or phillipines mostly, though the sony V series headphones for DJ are really really good. I bought a philip earpiece phone at around 60+SGD, and geez, even an 8 dollar one sounds better. Just a note.

Huh really... But these days, some Jap products especially the accessories are made in malaysia, china to cut cost right? I believe their QC should still be there? No?

I need the clip on earphones for my running or gym workout... So any to recommend? I don't want to get cheapo brands cos the few times I bought the lesser known brands, be they shoes or electronic items, they simply won't last.

How are Mustapha???? :) personally find that they are cheaper!

Popular bookstore have them too.
or u can oso check out carrefour.

Spyer2 said:
If size doesn't matter, try BOSE headphone :) :thumbsup:

Erm u dont seem to know your stuff. In the audiophile world, BOSE is not regarded highly at all... it is known as one of the highly-priced non-performer ;)

1) senheiser is the market leader
2) sony is a close second.

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=2
look here for advice. Or at least read the reviews.

carrefour one of the cheapest in town for headphones.

yes, sennheiser is one of the best in the 'affordable price' market.

Sennheiser is :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'm using the Sennheiser PX 200 headphone. It is a street wear style foldable headphone. The bass response from it is fantastic for its size and price. It'll do wonders to the sound for your portable Discman or MP3 player. The fit is very comfortable also. My previous Sony clip on ear phone just doesn't sound as good. I bought the PX 200 at $80++. It is definitely a great value for your money. If not you can consider the lower end but equally highly rated Sennheiser PX 100 headphone.

Of course if you intend to use your headphones at home, then are more higher end choices to choose from like the Sennheiser HD series or Grado.

If you know which headphones you want, you can hunt for them at Sim Lim. Just remember to compare price a bit.

I am using Sennheiser MX 500 earphones.... pretty good value for money... beats my more expensive Sony many times and seems to last forever... My Sony tends to go deaf on one side.... ;)

Just got my Sennheiser PX100s today after doing some research. So far have been quite happy with it but wonder will they get better after burning in a bit more.

eel said:
Just got my Sennheiser PX100s today after doing some research. So far have been quite happy with it but wonder will they get better after burning in a bit more.

My Sennheiser PX 200 (which is essentially PX 100 but with a closed headphone design) seems to sound a bit cold when you just start to use it at the beginning of the day. But after half an hour of listening, the sound will improve and it'll open up and sound punchier. The only thing is that it will feel a bit warm to touch (maybe because of the closed design) after prolong usage. But the sound produced is definitely :thumbsup: .

dundee said:
Erm u dont seem to know your stuff. In the audiophile world, BOSE is not regarded highly at all... it is known as one of the highly-priced non-performer ;)

1) senheiser is the market leader
2) sony is a close second.

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=2
look here for advice. Or at least read the reviews.

What kinda generalisation is that? What people like to make such BROAD generalisations?

Some one recommended me a Bang & Olufsen earphone.

Anyone has any comments?

I have used a Sennheisser HD 25 SP HeadPhone, not bad. (a bit too large for ease of carrying though)

Looking for earphones now. Any Recommedations from audiophiles?

Needs to be comfortable for prolong wear and good sound quality and a Plus point will be if it is leak-free, meaning I can turn up the volume (not deafening..just loud) w/o the guy sitting next to me in the MRT to complain.

Try a pair of Grados.

Prolly getting my SR80 soon.

Winston said:
Some one recommended me a Bang & Olufsen earphone.

Anyone has any comments?

If you are looking for comfy and sound quality with super stylish design, it
must be Bang & Olufsen A8 earphone :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

But price a bit steep though.

Vulpix0r said:
What kinda generalisation is that? What people like to make such BROAD generalisations?

It's generally very true. When you buy a Bose, you don't buy a high sound quality product. You're buying a 'lifestyle' that comes with a moderately decent sound system.

any wireless earphone or attachments?

Status
Not open for further replies.