Where to buy cheap Chinese Art and Craft in Singapore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sion

Hi,

Do you know where to buy cheap Chinese Art and Craft in Singapore e.g. fake jade figurines, Chinese paper fans, face masks, paper cut art, lanterns etc.?

Please give me the exact locations e.g. shop name if you could as the person buying them is a tourist to Singapore.

Thanks.

Tourist = chop carrot... like go Chinatown...

i dunno if 1 of the shop around race course road closed or not... they sell those crystals stuff which chinatown is selling but at a hell lot cheaper price.

Actually sounds more like gifts and replicas rather than artworks.

Chinatown has a whole chain of stores that sell tons of touristy Chinese stuff like $10 for any 3 items and so on. Just look out for the large signs that announce the prices. Got many stores. Since the prices are fixed, don't have to worry about your friend getting conned. Quality is decent, but of course, it's all factory mass-produced lah. There are also stores selling more esoteric stuff, but those might kenar chop carrot, so it's best if a local accompanies tourist.

If you want more hard-core stuff, then Lim's Arts n Craft on the 2nd floor of Holland Shopping Center (Holland Village) is the main-stay of most expat shoppers, and offers a huge selection. Since all items are sticker tagged, no worries about getting conned - almost everything there is high-priced! :bsmilie:

you come to SG?

My wife is planning to fly to Hong Kong for a holiday and do a weekender in Singapore from there. I may get her to buy some cheap oriental props for me. :)

She was in HK last month but couldn't see any cheap stuffs there except the high-end pricey stuffs.

My wife is planning to fly to Hong Kong for a holiday and do a weekender in Singapore from there. I may get her to buy some cheap oriental props for me. :)

She was in HK last month but couldn't see any cheap stuffs there except the high-end pricey stuffs.
think your wife get the stuffs in HK is better than in SG, just need to look in the right place

Status
Not open for further replies.