Where to buy cheap Canon battery?

Garfieldhellokitty

Jan 27, 2019
Thank you so much in advance, just wanted to get a spare battery.

Cheap batter will be third party ... Sim Lim, maybe Peninsular

Just a caveat on 3rd party batteries -- not all function properly.
I'm Olympus-based, and some third party batteries (BLN-1) I bought would work in the camera, but not charge in my Olympus chargers.
When I was on Canon, I had no issues. But that was 5 years ago. I think the newer, 'smarter' batteries are more susceptible to this kind of thing.

Reactions: Garfieldhellokitty
Lazada and eBay will have plenty of cheap versions, coming with big promises of capacity. Take them all with a good amount of salt.
I would also caution against buying cheap stuffs. The moment your spare battery turns out to be flat just when you need it, you will learn the painful way that you have saved money at the wrong end. I know, paying $70 for a spare battery sounds hefty, but the trip to the mountains where your spare battery fails you was definitely more expensive.
Another option is to get a power adapter: a battery-shaped insert with a power cord and USB connector. You can then use a standard USB powerbank to power your camera. Might be especially useful for long exposure / time lapse situations.
Here an example for Canon 100D: https://www.lazada.sg/products/mira...for-canon-100d-sl1-i296582848-s502302425.html

Reactions: Garfieldhellokitty
You can get 3rd party batteries at most camera shops. Just make sure of the following:
1) They are compatible. Some batteries may not work (i.e. not detected) by the camera. So bring along your camera to be sure.
2) The price is reasonable. do a bit of price shopping around.

I used to use 3rd party batteries as they are cheap but I found that they do not hold their charge after some time and they do not last long. Now I have 2 original batteries and they have been in use for years. I guess 3rd party batteries are good as emergency backups if you really shoot a lot - just keep them charged.

3rd Party I only use FB 沣标..
They r reliable 3rd party/OEM brand for batteries.

沣标 is good, i had 2 before, worked not too much difference from the Canon one.

Reactions: cskphotos
沣标 is good, i had 2 before, worked not too much difference from the Canon one.
yes.. that is the only reliable i've tried (have nt tried Ravpower or Wasabi).

when buying, check with the seller if the model you are using compatible.

tested a third party battery on canon 5D2 and it is ok.
but when it was put inside 5D3, it do turn on the camera but it do have some issue with the battery at time