Where to buy Capture One Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonKing

Dec 6, 2005
Singapore
Tried the trial version & really like it alot.Would like to know where can i get this program & how much it? (i know it's not gonna be cheap :confused: )

Tried the trial version & really like it alot.Would like to know where can i get this program & how much it? (i know it's not gonna be cheap :confused: )

Seriously no point in using this.. I've been working with this software for a few years, and thought that it's pretty normal, nothing fastastic, nothing the new CS can't do... If I understand correctly, only the phaseone backs are the only one able to shoot tethered... The back's a fine thing, which complement the software...

With the advance technology from photoshop, might as well be CS... 4GB and 8Gb cards are common now.. One option is to shoot raws with jpegs... Look at jpegs, then process the raws...

The money could have been better spent on something else though... If you must part with cash for the software, that is....

If you really must, go to http://www.rubyimaging.com.sg. All details for your queries should be there...

Cheers,

PBS

Not sure if Olympus Studio software also allows capture of shots when camera is connected via cable.

if u are not shooting tethered,u can get the LE version free when u get a sandisk extreme III 2gb card !

Kex

You mean the Phase One Capture software?
And what is price of the Sandisk 2GB card?

it does support D200 RAW,

i am using it with my D200,beats the NX flat.

wonder which guy designed NX,SUPER SLOW AND CONFUSING!

tethered shooting means shooting connected to the laptop.

it does support D200 RAW,

i am using it with my D200,beats the NX flat.

wonder which guy designed NX,SUPER SLOW AND CONFUSING!

tethered shooting means shooting connected to the laptop.

I agree,NX is very slow.You using LE version?Is there any major difference between this & the Pro version?In another term,is it worth getting the pro version?

NX is fast on my system thou... :dunno:

get the LE...if you want then upgrade later to PRO...Capture 1 is great when you are processing alot of images that you can run in the background while you work on other images, something you can't do in Photoshop...and C1Pro (not LE) can also shoot tethered with Canon DSLRs...

as for Sandisk Extreme III offer, I recommend that you get from an authorized dealer...here's a list of dealers from the local distributer's site: http://www.vector-magnetics.com/dealers.html

cause if you don't, you might be buying a parallel import that the local distributor would not support in case of error...then you have to point at sky with whoever sold you the card...and there are quite alot of unscrupulous traders around...might be cheaper but you take the risk...

for C1Pro, get from the internet, or from Ruby Imaging (great people:thumbsup: )

So far, of all the RAW converter software I used, only C1 allows me to use the keyboard to do adjustments, and it can be done very quickly.

Adobe RAW just doesn't have that feature.

Seriously no point in using this.. I've been working with this software for a few years, and thought that it's pretty normal, nothing fastastic, nothing the new CS can't do... If I understand correctly, only the phaseone backs are the only one able to shoot tethered... The back's a fine thing, which complement the software...

With the advance technology from photoshop, might as well be CS... 4GB and 8Gb cards are common now.. One option is to shoot raws with jpegs... Look at jpegs, then process the raws...

The money could have been better spent on something else though... If you must part with cash for the software, that is....

If you really must, go to http://www.rubyimaging.com.sg. All details for your queries should be there...

Cheers,

PBS

Wrong. almost all if not all the canon DSLR are supported in tethered mode. Many brand like Nikon and olympus are supported too.

CaptureOne is the fastest and simplest raw convertor to use so far.

Yes, ruby imaging is the distributor here in singapore. Seng Fai will be please to help you get a set of C1.

After testing through many RAW converters in the market, both free and not, I conclude that C1Pro gives the cleanest and most neutral colors among all. It preserves a lot of the vital details in the shadows and highlights. Its noise reduction feature is not great though. I use Noise Ninja for this purpose.

one question does all extreme III came with a free software for Capture one?
even the shop i ask also not sure whether does it came with it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.