Where to buy Capture One Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I find CaptureOne the easiest to use so far too, with a good user-friendly
interface.

Wrong. almost all if not all the canon DSLR are supported in tethered mode. Many brand like Nikon and olympus are supported too.

CaptureOne is the fastest and simplest raw convertor to use so far.

Yes, ruby imaging is the distributor here in singapore. Seng Fai will be please to help you get a set of C1.
Actually, only the Canon cameras (and phase 1 digital backs of course) can shoot tethered with C1Pro...Nikon, Fujifilm, Olympus, Pentax, Epson, Leica and Sony/Minolta cameras only have support for RAW format...

look for Seng Fai at Ruby Imaging :thumbsup:

as for Extreme III, as I suggested in earlier post, look for authorized dealer...parallel import don't know if have the C1LE offer but the authorized dealer ones, all the Extreme III series sure have cause I called up the dealer last year to ask (sorry, I kiasu so when news on net broke, I called the dealer to check :embrass: )...while offer lasts of course...

Actually, only the Canon cameras (and phase 1 digital backs of course) can shoot tethered with C1Pro...Nikon, Fujifilm, Olympus, Pentax, Epson, Leica and Sony/Minolta cameras only have support for RAW format...

look for Seng Fai at Ruby Imaging :thumbsup:

as for Extreme III, as I suggested in earlier post, look for authorized dealer...parallel import don't know if have the C1LE offer but the authorized dealer ones, all the Extreme III series sure have cause I called up the dealer last year to ask (sorry, I kiasu so when news on net broke, I called the dealer to check :embrass: )...while offer lasts of course...

yah RBK is correct, tethered shooting only for phaseone back and canon dslr.

one question does all extreme III came with a free software for Capture one?
even the shop i ask also not sure whether does it came with it or not.

Hi,
Eow

I was looking high and low in IMM, Sim Lim Square and other places.
The Extreme III they display only indicate a free bundled Rescue Pro.
My guess is that they have run of stock or are hoarding it.
Or they want to sell away and get rid of their stock of Extreme III with the Rescue Pro only, first.

I went to Active Photo at 4 sty SimLim Sq and they no longer display the Extreme III bundled with the CO software; only the package with Rescue Pro.

When asked, they respond like never heard of the CO free bundle offer.
The other shops got nothing too.
So I guess if they are not interested to sell to you, then don't buy. :bsmilie:

Anyway was just curious about this software.
Must thank them for helping me to save $120.
Oh, they have Extreme IV mem cards already.

Giant advertised normal 2GB SD card for about $30 yesterday.

Hi,
Eow

I was looking high and low in IMM, Sim Lim Square and other places.
The Extreme III they display only indicate a free bundled Rescue Pro.
My guess is that they have run of stock or are hoarding it.
Or they want to sell away and get rid of their stock of Extreme III with the Rescue Pro only, first.

I went to Active Photo at 4 sty SimLim Sq and they no longer display the Extreme III bundled with the CO software; only the package with Rescue Pro.

When asked, they respond like never heard of the CO free bundle offer.
The other shops got nothing too.
So I guess if they are not interested to sell to you, then don't buy. :bsmilie:

Anyway was just curious about this software.
Must thank them for helping me to save $120.
Oh, they have Extreme IV mem cards already.

Giant advertised normal 2GB SD card for about $30 yesterday.

is active foto at a corner and run by indians? if i'm not mistaken, they just changed their shop name but the staffs are still the same.

is active foto at a corner and run by indians? if i'm not mistaken, they just changed their shop name but the staffs are still the same.

Have at least two shops.
Never notice name change.
One by side of escalator (maybe #04-60 but not sure), another hidden inside both on 4 sty.

Yes, most if not all the sales staff are Indians. (no race problem here)
I have bought things from them before.
Their prices quite reasonable.

Just bought a Sandisk Extreme III 2GB SD from CP Peninsular for $110 nett. A card with licence key and discount code (to pay US$365 after 15% discount) for PRO update is included. Coupon valid till 31 March 2007.

C1 LE is to be downloaded and activated at www.phaseone.com/sandisk Selling this licence key since this is my 2nd Extreme III card, PM if interested.

Edit : Licence key sold.

Just bought a Sandisk Extreme III 2GB SD from CP Peninsular for $110 nett.

Yes, I can confirm that these are available at CP as I went there at about 6pm. The SD 2 GB Extreme III sold out. Left the CF 2 GB Extreme III.

But hey, at least the CF with Capture One bundled free, are available at CP.

Elsewhere for example, several shops in Sim Lim Square, they seem to want to hide the Extreme III with Capture One bundled and sell the old stock (only Rescue Pro bundled) at almost the same price.

This is what HK people call a Si Hung Kiew. Roughly translated means "a really shitty stupid trick".

If you want to buy this, forget about Sim Lim Square.
Just buy from Cathay.

Have at least two shops.
Never notice name change.
One by side of escalator (maybe #04-60 but not sure), another hidden inside both on 4 sty.

Yes, most if not all the sales staff are Indians. (no race problem here)
I have bought things from them before.
Their prices quite reasonable.

the shop with indian stuffs?
okk. i may be wrong on this but i did a search at sandisk's website and u can't find their shop as one of the authorised dealers.
so i'm not sure if claiming warranty will have a problem. and if u realised, their receipt is thermal paper. something fishy.

i did a search in CS and HWZ and active foto seems to have a bad reputation. yes.it's cheap. but after sales is another thing.

the shop with indian stuffs?
okk. i may be wrong on this but i did a search at sandisk's website and u can't find their shop as one of the authorised dealers.
so i'm not sure if claiming warranty will have a problem. and if u realised, their receipt is thermal paper. something fishy.

i did a search in CS and HWZ and active foto seems to have a bad reputation. yes.it's cheap. but after sales is another thing.
precisely...to search for authrorized dealers see here http://forums.clubsnap.org/showpost.php?p=2798883&postcount=16

Yes, I can confirm that these are available at CP as I went there at about 6pm. The SD 2 GB Extreme III sold out. Left the CF 2 GB Extreme III.

But hey, at least the CF with Capture One bundled free, are available at CP.

Elsewhere for example, several shops in Sim Lim Square, they seem to want to hide the Extreme III with Capture One bundled and sell the old stock (only Rescue Pro bundled) at almost the same price.

This is what HK people call a Si Hung Kiew. Roughly translated means "a really shitty stupid trick".

If you want to buy this, forget about Sim Lim Square.
Just buy from Cathay.

Tks for the advice;)

Are there some good reasons/big advantages why some people are still using Capture One instead of Photoshop's Camera RAW/Bridge? I can understand perhaps if it's Photoshop 6 or 7. But isn't CS2 great for processing RAW?

For my experience with Capture One, the RAW conversion takes a lot more time and I need to specify whether I want to store the images as TIFF (huge!) or jpgs. Then I got to go to Photoshop (extra step) to open the files in the folder I saved them in.

With Bridge, the moment I click on the "Open" icon, doesn't matter if it's more than 1 image, it is done within a few short seconds, very much quicker than Capture One! And I'm transferred automatically to Photoshop. If I'm uncertain, don't even have to decide during RAW editing how I want the images to be, TIFF or jpg and at what quality. I can do that later in Photoshop. More convenient.

Features wise, I also personally don't find anything I miss in Capture One.

Maybe I'm ignorant about something in Capture One? Pardon me as I'm used to Photoshop already I find there is really no need to pay extra $ to get Capture One for myself. Hope to hear opinions from users who are using Capture One. :)

Are there some good reasons/big advantages why some people are still using Capture One instead of Photoshop's Camera RAW/Bridge? I can understand perhaps if it's Photoshop 6 or 7. But isn't CS2 great for processing RAW?
Capture One allows one to work on the images at the browser level rather than opening the files individually...its like being able to adjust the images in Bridge rather than opening ACR and jumping into another program...I find that much more convenient and faster...

and while you select some files to process in the background, you can continue adjusting other files...this I find gives me more flexibility and allows me to work faster...

by processing the files in ACR and leaving them open in Photoshop, if I happen to be processing alot of files, the speed of the processing gradually goes down as more resources are used to handle the opened files...and if I were to chose to process and save the files using ACR, that would be like processing and saving in Capture One anyway...

but at the end of the day, it is up to your personal needs and preference :)

went to Cathay Peninsular today, but they said the Extreme 3 with C1 was a very long ago offer, no more left. anybody know where else can get it?

went to Cathay Peninsular today, but they said the Extreme 3 with C1 was a very long ago offer, no more left. anybody know where else can get it?
Bought 2GB SD from Cathay 2-3 weeks ago that came with C1 LE. Software to be downloaded, license key is inside box.

Selling my unused licence key for $20 as this is my second Extreme card.

Edit : Licence key sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.