Where to buy Canon 70-200mm f4L with installment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterlimyk

Jul 14, 2008
I wanna get one Canon 70-200mm f4L but budget is very tight. So I just wanna know where I can buy it with installment. I mean zero interest.

Thanks

I wanna get one Canon 70-200mm f4L but budget is very tight. So I just wanna know where I can buy it with installment. I mean zero interest.

Thanks

You may try Cathay photo,However, do check with other reliable shops for price comparison.:)

Thanks

When it is "zero" interest, it just means that the interest element is usually already worked into the price tag already. So what it means is that the price tag may not be the lowest in the market as compared to a straight cash purchase.

I usually will think twice about paying by installments. I rather save up by "installments" and pay cash outright (feels damn good tha way)...but it is my preference only and I acknowledge that everyone's predicament is different.

TS.... send Cathy Photo a email asking for their price on the lens you want. Inform them you are interested to pay with Credit Card Installment. They will return email with price of the Lens and which Credit Card you could use.... just print out the email and bring along with you if you decided to get it. :thumbsup:

http://www.cathayphoto.com.sg/

We're not in a position to tell you what to do or not do with what little funds you have alailable, but one possibility you might want to consider is renting if you only need the lens for a specific shoot or assignment. ;)

As for the CC interest-free installment schemes, most of the major stores offer it. just check around and see who you're more comfortable dealing with and what cards you can use, and be sure to check if they have any hidden fees. Usually, a small administrative fee of 3-5% IIRC is added-on.

When it is "zero" interest, it just means that the interest element is usually already worked into the price tag already. So what it means is that the price tag may not be the lowest in the market as compared to a straight cash purchase.

I usually will think twice about paying by installments. I rather save up by "installments" and pay cash outright (feels damn good tha way)...but it is my preference only and I acknowledge that everyone's predicament is different.

One lump sum out.. heart sometimes will be painful. ;p

TS, if you are referring to non credit card instalment plan, i suppose there isnt any nowadays. All have shifted to work with banks. Courts offers very similar plan, but its not FREE FREE instalment. You wont like their price after comparing with reputable shops.

TS, if you are referring to non credit card instalment plan, i suppose there isnt any nowadays. All have shifted to work with banks. Courts offers very similar plan, but its not FREE FREE instalment. You wont like their price after comparing with reputable shops.

Courts confirm will charge you interest..... as much as 1-2 percent per month. But for Credit Card Interest free installment.... It is as claimed. Example - $1200 divivded by 12 months = $100 a month. No other charges (as long as you pay on time :sweat:) Will the shop add 'Service Charge' or any extra...?? :think: very much depends on which shop you goes to... it didn't happen to me at CP.

The issue many ClubSNAP-er is talking about, is that by paying Cash.... you might be able to get some more discount or that the Shop doesn't charge you an extra 3-5% for that item for using Credit Card.

Again.... it is all up to TS to decide if it is worth it, or is the deal worthwhile.... There is not really any Pros or Cons.... as long as you are happy with the deal. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the replies.

I'll try email CP to get their pricing :)

if i rem correctly, CP will apply the quoted credit card price for the installment plan, no extra amount tacked on. depends on how familiar with people there as well.

but ofc if you pay cash, then it will cheaper, sometimes by a substantial amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.