Where to buy camera using installment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xiaolanku

May 17, 2005
Hi guys,

Wanted to buy a d70s, went to harvey norman but they don't accept my credit card cos it wasnt issued in Spore. (I'm a foreigner).

Any suggestion of places where i can purchase camera with installments, preferbly intrest free too.

:dunno:

thanks in advance

If I'm not mistaken Cathay Photo does offer such an option. However I'm not sure about their policies regarding foreign issued cards.

F.Y.I. Even if there's no "interest", you'll still get a lower price if you pay cash upfront. No free lunches I'm afraid.

which bank is that? Citibank offers 0% interest free for up to 24 mths but they (Citibank sg) have to process the installment and do a background check whether you have any bad debts with other banks/institutions etc. Thats part of the reason why they dont accept foreign issued cards.

if i am not mistaken, the 0% installment scheme is limited to locally issued credit cards.

solarii said:
If I'm not mistaken Cathay Photo does offer such an option. However I'm not sure about their policies regarding foreign issued cards.

F.Y.I. Even if there's no "interest", you'll still get a lower price if you pay cash upfront. No free lunches I'm afraid.

Cathay has such a scheme? Would they sell only at RRP if customer choses this no "interest" or is it still alittle lower?

Stoppable said:
Cathay has such a scheme? Would they sell only at RRP if customer choses this no "interest" or is it still alittle lower?

Most shops like CP with installment plans will quote you a price for cash payment, ie NETs or cash (not sure if they accept personal cheques but they count as cash as well).

If you want to pay by credit card, or choose an installment plan, they'll quote you a higher price.

solarii said:
Most shops like CP with installment plans will quote you a price for cash payment, ie NETs or cash (not sure if they accept personal cheques but they count as cash as well).

If you want to pay by credit card, or choose an installment plan, they'll quote you a higher price.

Just wondering how the mechanics of this 0% installment works...
If someone takes up this, and pays by installment, would the bank pay the retailer by installment by lumpsum or also by installment?

Stoppable said:
Just wondering how the mechanics of this 0% installment works...
If someone takes up this, and pays by installment, would the bank pay the retailer by installment by lumpsum or also by installment?

The bank pays the retailer the lumpsum. Hence you dun owe the retailer, you owe the bank. If you missed the payment, bank will charge you normal credit card interest and late fee. But whatever condition the bank has with the retailer, I don't know.

ms color has installment scheme but again i think only for local issued cards... u can check with them though.

Status
Not open for further replies.