Where to buy big blower??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falcon

Jan 18, 2002
Hi guys,

Do u know any other places other than cathay photo where I can buy the big blower?? I have been there for the past 2-3 weeks and still no stock of it. :( Can someone who know the pple there well ask them to place an order? ;p

ok pardon me for sounding a little obscene, but erm... how big a blower are you looking for?

can try Ruby across the road. i use the bright yellow blower they sell - $7 each i think.

Larry said:
ok pardon me for sounding a little obscene, but erm... how big a blower are you looking for?

can try Ruby across the road. i use the bright yellow blower they sell - $7 each i think.

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

I use a "blue in the face" blower...

You'd be able to find it almost everywhere. Try TCW or John 3:16 (that's where i bought). Big enough to suit my needs... :D

Time now for confession...

It is the big black one that Cathay used to sell. Actually I what really need is one that is strong enough to blow away the dust off the sensor. The current grey one I have seems too weak.

Falcon said:
It is the big black one that Cathay used to sell. Actually I what really need is one that is strong enough to blow away the dust off the sensor. The current grey one I have seems too weak.
try the big yellow one from Ruby. i got 2 of those. very strong, use it to blow dust from my cam sensors and lenses too.

i guess you can ask if you can try it first if you want... ;)

Larry said:
try the big yellow one from Ruby. i got 2 of those. very strong, use it to blow dust from my cam sensors and lenses too.

Ok. Tks Larry. But where exactly is Ruby? Sorry I am not very familar with the shops there. :)

Falcon said:
Ok. Tks Larry. But where exactly is Ruby? Sorry I am not very familar with the shops there. :)
ok, when you exit Peninsula PLaza (where CP is) at the door facing Funan/Peninsula Shopping Centre, you'll see across the road Ruby Photo. it's just next to the new Spinelli's cafe. you can't miss it, there's a big sign there.

if you walk further into that building, you'll also see the famed Camera Workshop (TCW). :D

Larry said:

Wow for the record

"Larry, u have TWO BIG YELLOW ONES!!!" :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

Falcon said:

Don't recommend this one. The rubber on mine starts to degenerate after 8mths or so and sheds black powdery dust all over your hands.

It is indeed powerful though.

sebastiansong said:
Wow for the record

"Larry, u have TWO BIG YELLOW ONES!!!" :bigeyes: :bigeyes:
48_48.gif

get the big blue one.. can't remmeber the brand. quite expensive.. 16 bucks? Swiss Made one...

EXTREMELY powerful... can get rid of even the naughtiest specks of dust that refuse to move.

can get at anthony's collection at pensula...

once u use this u dnu wannna use other blowers...

sprockett said:
get the big blue one.. can't remmeber the brand. quite expensive.. 16 bucks? Swiss Made one...

EXTREMELY powerful... can get rid of even the naughtiest specks of dust that refuse to move.

can get at anthony's collection at pensula...

once u use this u dnu wannna use other blowers...

I don't think the Swiss Blue Blower is really that powerful, it can't even move the dust on my SLR mirror. I always have to remove the Dust carefully using the tip of a clean dry Lens paper. The Air jet seems to be quite diffused, not really concentrated. But it is very safe and durable to use. The Metal Tip is protected by a rubber tube and my blue blower does not "disintegrate" after begin "TEKAN" by me for almost 6 Years :bsmilie:

I would like to buy the Big Yellow Blower From ruby and see if it give a better blow job than my blue pump. :p

Zerstorer said:
Don't recommend this one. The rubber on mine starts to degenerate after 8mths or so and sheds black powdery dust all over your hands.

It is indeed powerful though.

What a Nightmare :dunno:

well if any1 wants, i can bring my yellow blower to the coming SEED and you can test out the, erm... "blowing power" yourself. lemme know yah?

Status
Not open for further replies.