Where to buy automatic fish food dispenser?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zj2000

Mar 10, 2007
Hi, I'll be going on a family holiday in May and there won't anyone around to feed the fish. Does anyone know where I can get automatic fish food dispensers in Singapore? Preferably cheap since I only intend to use it when I'm on holiday.

I managed to find some on the net but all these companies are US based. I prefer to shop from a physical shop to get a feel of the thing and ask the salespeople any questions i have.

Help please!!

Your can try Pet Mart in Serangoon, AquaMarin or Sea View in Jln Kayu. I'm sure they have it.

I've found them in pet fish shops. Previously bought one at Serangoon North. There's a very big fish shop there (think its Rainbow or something). Can't miss it. But I didn't really like that model as it was hard to load.

Bought a second one at Sam Yick's (Marine Parade). This one is like a rotating wheel on its side and it spins once every time it is scheduled to feed. Not as accurate but easy to load and and mount.

Both are not very expensive but I cannot remember the exact price.

Hope this helps!

Yes, there is a lot of pet shops in serangoon north.

I've found them in pet fish shops. Previously bought one at Serangoon North. There's a very big fish shop there (think its Rainbow or something). Can't miss it. But I didn't really like that model as it was hard to load.

Bought a second one at Sam Yick's (Marine Parade). This one is like a rotating wheel on its side and it spins once every time it is scheduled to feed. Not as accurate but easy to load and and mount.

Both are not very expensive but I cannot remember the exact price.

Hope this helps!

the prices at the both shop u mention is rather ex ..
i prefer fishfarm at pasir ris farmway if TS have personal transport

Hi, I'll be going on a family holiday in May and there won't anyone around to feed the fish. Does anyone know where I can get automatic fish food dispensers in Singapore? Preferably cheap since I only intend to use it when I'm on holiday.

I managed to find some on the net but all these companies are US based. I prefer to shop from a physical shop to get a feel of the thing and ask the salespeople any questions i have.

Help please!!

I brought 1, made in China, about 2 yrs ago at THAT Aquarium @ Blk 618 Yishun for $17/- (can't remember got further discount or not). Anyway, if you can come to Toa Payoh in the evening to collect it, I can lend it to you. Don't waste $ only use 2 or 3 times in 2 yrs. PM me

Fishes can go without food for about a week. More importantly, change 10%-20% of tank water afew days before the trip. Remember to have an auto timer for fish tank lights that switches on for about 6hrs a day at least. Photosynthesis is important even if its just for the algae in the tank. Best time to have the lights on is after 8pm as there wont be built up heat in the room/premise due to sunlight in the day.

As for auto dispenser, be careful as the fish flakes can get glued together due to high humidity when placed on top of an enclosed tank. There are good brands out there like ehiem or a cheap china brand. Important thing is not the brand, but how to use it correctly with the right kinda of fish food. Fish foods that are too heavy will dispense out way too much in one spin. Premium fish flakes that are nice and soft may turn into a lump if dispenser is placed at the wrong place. Sometimes, food do get trapped after a few spins due to one reason or another. So learn from the seller how to use it correctly.

Alternatively, you may be recommended by a fish shop to purchase a kinda fish food that dispenses gradually over a few days as it comes in a shape of a block. But such gimmicks is best avoided as it polutes the water quite fast.

I have been keeping fishes for over 30yrs and do have a little knowledge about the hobby in pondkeeping (since 1976), aquascaped planted tanks (since 1992) and marine (in recent years).

if u are in the west, head down to clementi blk 328. there's a reliable shop beside the kopitiam which sells the stuff u want at a low cost
everyone into fishes has gone down there one time or another.

if u going for a couple of days, dun bother feeding the fishes. they can dun eat for 2weeks to a month depending on the type of fishes u rear.
dispensers generally do not work well with flakes in singapore's climate. if ur fishes are pellet-eating, then no problems.
else consider growing duckweeds. fishes hungry will eat them.

as mention by the bro above, change water before u go.
personally for long trips i would recommend abt 40%, done over 2 days the week before u go.

I brought 1, made in China, about 2 yrs ago at THAT Aquarium @ Blk 618 Yishun for $17/- (can't remember got further discount or not). Anyway, if you can come to Toa Payoh in the evening to collect it, I can lend it to you. Don't waste $ only use 2 or 3 times in 2 yrs. PM me

Thanks man. But if it's really $17 then I'll buy la. Less than what I spend on a single filter (lens not water).

I'll be away for a week. But guess I just don't want the little buggers to starve.

Ok think I'll head down to Clementi to take a look. Haven't been to that shop for a long time since the aunty is always too busy to talk more than 30 seconds with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.