where to buy a paterson tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pai

Nov 24, 2004
Lala Land
www.flickr.com
i'm currently using one of the AP ones bought from ruby, but would like to get a second developing tank so that i can develop more than 2 rolls at one sitting (otherwise have to wait a few hours for the reels to dry). thought i may as well get a paterson one since its something i use often.

anyone know where i can find them? thanks in advance

(ps. don't mind getting a secondhand one with 2 reels either)

Would you consider getting from overseas? I bought mine from the UK. You might get some from eBay. Perhaps you can check out their website, which is:

http://www.patersonphotographic.com

According to the list of international distributors, there is no company in Singapore selling the tanks, unfortunately, perhaps the one in Malaysia might be able to assist you. I hope this helps.

thanks for all the responses, and to those who pm'd with suggestions.

will give a call to seng cheong tomorrow and see if they have, but otherwise looks like it may have to be secondhand.

or maybe just get a second AP one... dunno if there's a big difference anyway? definitely not enough to specially bring in from overseas i think.

You'll have to be patient to look for one on the second hand market. They do still sell it in some of the photo places outside, I've seen it in Paris, and Shanghai. Some of the online shops still sell it in the US but the delivery charges makes it less favourable. Maybe ebay might be a good source, but got to be careful with them because some of the tank looks quite used (reel looks brownish).

I actually have a 4 reel jobo tank with my brother in the US (bought it online from Adorama 3 years ago but no chance to collect from him!). And I know how its like when you have 10+ rolls to develop but with the 2 reel AP it takes a whole week! One thing I was toying with was to get a second or third AP tank. they're relatively inexpensive.

Seng Cheong has Jobo, but they are pushing AP now. AP and Paterson reels don't fit inside Jobo tanks. And they don't even have Jobo reels ! They had to get the Jobo reels from other spare Jobo rotary machines when I needed extra reels for my own Jobo rotary processor.

I have a Paterson tank, Super System 4 (Multi-Reel 3 version), and it can take three 35mm Paterson reels, two if 120. The new model Paterson reels are now like the AP, with the metal balls in them. Paterson requires less chemicals than AP (290mm for 35mm), although Jobo rotary processors need even less (240mm). For hand agitation tanks, I guess you save in the long run with Paterson.

I bought the Paterson brand-new from an eBay seller (a company). There's several sellers there now, I think. To save on shipping, just look for a seller with other things you also need (or want). Or maybe B&H or Adorama would have them too.

http://www.patersonphotographic.com/accessories/page3.html

if you want to order from overseas, might want to give this site a look.
http://www.freestylephoto.biz/e_main.php
used to order from them when i was over there. not sure how good is their overseas order tho.

I hv some second-hand Paterson tanks around (two or three reels). If you are still interested, pm me with an offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.