Where should you focus on when u picture a parrot ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezestan

Jan 23, 2007
Hi,
One question open for discussion. Where should u focus on when taking pictures of parrots and colourful birds ?

TG

Hi,
One question open for discussion. Where should u focus on when taking pictures of parrots and colourful birds ?

TG
As usual... the EYEs

I personally choose the blue or green area to focus. I feel the red area always sent the focus system out of control .....

TG

for face on shots of people or animals, its good to focus on the eyes... unless there is some other area you are trying to highlight... the eyes naturally draw the viewers attention so if it is blur, then it is abit weird looking... not to say that 100% have to be on the eyes, but usually if you can't think of any reason not to, its the default choice... :)

Hmm.. thanks for all the feedback.. i was reading a photography mag sometime back. Some expert advises beside the eyes, try to go for the darker area like blue or green. What u guys think of this theory.

I actually tried it out during a bird park trip... results are pretty good @ my surprise.

Hmm.. thanks for all the feedback.. i was reading a photography mag sometime back. Some expert advises beside the eyes, try to go for the darker area like blue or green. What u guys think of this theory.

I actually tried it out during a bird park trip... results are pretty good @ my surprise.
no not exactly darker area, but area with more contrast...

Only if you a smaller aperture.. try that with a large aperture and see what you'd end up with. :bsmilie:

Hmmm .. Agree .. Will try with open aperture next time :)

for face on shots of people or animals, its good to focus on the eyes... unless there is some other area you are trying to highlight... the eyes naturally draw the viewers attention so if it is blur, then it is abit weird looking... not to say that 100% have to be on the eyes, but usually if you can't think of any reason not to, its the default choice... :)
When the eye(s) is/are sharp, then it's easier for you to make eye contact.. The picture got more life.

Sorry, dunno how to add the image to be displayed.

You should focus on the eyes... It is similar for maco photography too.. aim the insects on the eye :lovegrin:

From your pic... the parrot's eye is pretty sharp :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.