where should i go to consult if i have broken/fractured wrist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kazeeee

Sep 8, 2007
kazeeee.com
www.kazeeee.com
okay, obviously im not singaporean, so need some help here.
I just broken my wrist i think.
So where am I supposed to go? Clinic ? polyclinic? hospital?

how much will it be for the total cost?
is there any doctor that u experienced that can be recommended?

Accident and Emergency (A&E) unit of any public hospital. Get into a taxi and ask the driver to bring you to the nearest public hospital.

Alternatively, if you have more $$$, the A&E unit at Raffles hospital at Bugis is good.

I am not sure of the total costs for foreigners, but I would expect a public hospital to be slightly cheaper than a private hospital like Raffles.

Meanwhile, try not to move or traumatize the limb further. I won't ask you to splint or bandage it yourself as you may cause more damage if you're not sure how to do it.

Do you need help to move around, or are you mobile?

em you think you broke your wrist and you came on to a forum to get help. mmmmmm.

anyway i think A&E is $70 there abouts, i think you should give a call to a friend if you need assistance or take a cab down to the nearest clinic/hospital.

if it's an emergency do call 995, if it's not dial 1777 for a non scdf ambulance.

Last edited:
Hopefully TS is on the way to a hospital now.

Kazeeee, if you're really stuck somewhere and have difficulties moving around or whatever, PM me and I'll see if I can go down to help you.

Take care man.

Hopefully TS is on the way to a hospital now.

Kazeeee, if you're really stuck somewhere and have difficulties moving around or whatever, PM me and I'll see if I can go down to help you.

Take care man.

i hope so. :confused:

TS!

If you have not gone to the A&E, please go now! :eek:

Don’t worry about the money, just worry your broken/fractured wrist first!

polyclinics shld be closed by now..
scream in pain loudly and treat the fella who to help as your best friend.

wow u must have taken some time to even type this post....

$190 from government A&E unit (full charge for non-Singaporean).

it is not worth it for foreigner to go to public institution so u are better off to go to private. Fyi SGH orthopedic department is quite strong among the public institution.as for private,i can help u with some referrals,just pm me. U either go to a gp clinic first to get referrals or go a&e.a&e better don't go to public-long waiting time unless u are real early.RMG is not bad...don't go thomson...
If this is a old sports injury,can consider seeing a sports ortho..

Last edited:
how do u type if you have broken wrist?

Status
Not open for further replies.