Where should I go on from here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timber Wolf

Oct 16, 2003
Visit site
Hello Bros/sis

As some of you would have known, I just got my A level results yesterday.
I got the following:

Bio A, Chem A, Physics A, Math B.
General Paper A1
Bio Spaper Distinction, Chem S Ungraded

I'm currently interested in Bioengineering and Materials Engineering. Can anyone advise me on my prospects in those courses, and any advice on where do go from here? I've applied for DSTA and PSC scholarships. Do I have any chance with my results?

Thanks in advance
Qing Xiang

Congratulations, you have done yr parents proud ...:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

DCA: Haha I'm in army now.

Canonised: They're rather disappointed at my results. I'm also abit sad cos of my maths A that got away.

Right now, it's like some part of my world has crumbled. I'm not sure how to get on from here.

Thanks
QX

its not end of the world.

and come on.... from what i see. u didnt fail badly. if your parents did. i dunno what to say for them.

think of others who didnt do as well as you. i believe you did your best too.

this is a small failure from what i see. a failure not huge enough to put you down. how can u use a word such as "crumbled"

i've seen many failures in life. fell down many times, and i still stood up and face the fact of life.

this is nothing. finish army and go uni. see what course you can apply for and go for it. finish the degree and a new phase of life awaits you.

isnt that simple ?

TW: What ever you do. DO NOT sign on the dotted line.

Yesterday's papers had an entire section on scholarships, DSTA and PSC scholarships aren't the only ones, give the others a try.

and come on.... from what i see. u didnt fail badly. if your parents did. i dunno what to say for them.

this is a small failure from what i see. a failure not huge enough to put you down. how can u use a word such as "crumbled"

i've seen many failures in life. fell down many times, and i still stood up and face the fact of life.

this is nothing. finish army and go uni. see what course you can apply for and go for it. finish the degree and a new phase of life awaits you.

isnt that simple ?

actually, choosing which course is the dillema of many. i am having this serious problem too.

u not getting your degree in sataybuagology? :bsmilie:

erm............no.........

for my case, it is between pure physics, applied physics, engineering physics, interdisciplinary engneering, mech engineering.

i like pure therotical physics, it is my passion, my life, but when reality steps in, i dun think i can actually make a living out of it.:cry:

no la... i thot is B.Hons in Sataygraphical & Ketupaticalogical Studies ?? :bsmilie:

isnt that simple ?

Talk is cheap my friend.

It's not simple at all when you are choosing your future.

for my case, it is between pure physics, applied physics, engineering physics, interdisciplinary engneering, mech engineering.

i like pure therotical physics, it is my passion, my life, but when reality steps in, i dun think i can actually make a living out of it.:cry:

aiyah... sweep the road is the best la.. no need to think so much one.. ;p

jking

then consider Degree in Satayphysiology...

but then again, sound like bio science... maybe go there massage the satay... :bsmilie:

There's always the academic route. :)

Talk is cheap my friend.

i really agree with that statement. it seems so defeaningly loud in this moment of my life.

u not getting your degree in sataybuagology? :bsmilie:

Wahhh DCA u veh bad to him leh :bsmilie:

Haha I wish they give me sth to sign on the lor. Anw I'll be checking out the scholarships. =)
Thankew pple.
Maybe it was not "crumble", but u know that feeling when things dun work out for you. Where you think... if only it was just that bit better, and there's nothing u can do about it.

QX

Wahhh DCA u veh bad to him leh :bsmilie:

Haha I wish they give me sth to sign on the lor. Anw I'll be checking out the scholarships. =)
Thankew pple.
Maybe it was not "crumble", but u know that feeling when things dun work out for you. Where you think... if only it was just that bit better, and there's nothing u can do about it.

QX

hee hee, this guy made me feel embarrased for jumping for joy when i was recieving my results.:bsmilie:

The problem was that I was pretty much decided to go into my current course (Comp Eng in SoC) but while servin army my intrests swerved and want to do other courses not offered in singapore. Education overseas is expensive and I doubt i will be able to afford a course in what i want anytime soon. Fomr your results you got 3 A's and a B and you are complaning :| I think 3A's and a S paper shloud be able to land you some form of scholarship :)

Talk is cheap my friend.

my advice to him is simple. choose a course which interest him the most. go for it. and not have regrets.

not every person who studies law will become a good lawyer.

so its best that he chooses something he likes and put his focus on it, be the best in whatever he do, and he will be safe.

i just dun see a point in studying something for the sake of studying, and he/she may not like the subject/course and in the end, fail the whole darn thing. kinda a big waste of your parents hard earned money thou.

Status
Not open for further replies.