Where should i get a new camera lens from?

Gactac

Feb 5, 2011
Hi everyone! I am a relative beginner to photography but ready to step up to getting a telephoto lens. I am wondering where i should get it from? Which shop would you recommend me to go to? I am considering between MS Color And John 3:16 as I have read good reviews of these two stalls. I live near to Ang Mo Kio so should i go to MS Color or is it worth it to travel to Funan? Besides these two, are there any other shops to recommend (especially near the central area)? I want to go to a stall that has both good prices, and friendly, helpful and trustworthy staff.

Also, which lens would be better to get - AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED or AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR. The main thing i am worried about is that the 70-300mm does not have such good image quality as the 55-300mm (since its newer but i believe its not true). So prices aside, which would be recommended now? ;)

Also, which lens would be better to get - AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED or AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR. The main thing i am worried about is that the 70-300mm does not have such good image quality as the 55-300mm (since its newer but i believe its not true). So prices aside, which would be recommended now? ;)

Bro, the 70-300mm has very good IQ. Certainly better than the 55-300mm. Also it is a FX lens so is future proof if you switch to FF. There is also a noticeable difference in focus speed between the 70-300 and the 55-300. The 70-300 focusses very fast.

As for shops, I would suggest you try out either of those shops. They are both good. Nearer to home might be better as it will be easier for you to contact them if there is any problem later.

Get to MS color... Lately John 3:16 has a reputation for not being the cheapest place. They just talk to you until you cave in and whip out the credit card.

Stay AMK just go MS lor, time spent travelling cannot buy back

MS color, the lens you want should be in stock, however, it is never too troublesome to call to check stock and price before going down.

Just go down to MS Color, their service is very good as I go there often.

But call them on the stock availability before going down.

Hi everyone! I am a relative beginner to photography but ready to step up to getting a telephoto lens. I am wondering where i should get it from? Which shop would you recommend me to go to? I am considering between MS Color And John 3:16 as I have read good reviews of these two stalls. I live near to Ang Mo Kio so should i go to MS Color or is it worth it to travel to Funan? Besides these two, are there any other shops to recommend (especially near the central area)? I want to go to a stall that has both good prices, and friendly, helpful and trustworthy staff.

If you are going down to funan can check TK Foto and SLR-Revolution too

I will call and ask the price for 70-300mm from MS Color and SLR-R.
Most likely that you will get a better pricing from SLR-R but if the difference is lesser then $20 compared against MS Color, get it from MS Color instead.