Where should i buy my Mp3 player? and What Model

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karyinn

Mar 3, 2004
Hi Guys,

I intend to buy a MP3 player (the small which hang around the neck).
My budget is $300.

What model should i buy? And i think is same as camera right :) buying outside will be cheaper then buying it in shopping centre. So, any shop in sim lim square is reliable to buy?
Please recommend :)

Many Thanks

Thread moved to Kopitiam due to mp3 player is not a photography item.

Try Audio House (saleman : Ben) & Merdeka in Sim Lim Sq. Some mP3 come with slot-in memory SD card (to increase capacity) in addition to the built-in memory. Get at least 256 (about 60 songs in mp3 format) or better still, 512MB.Headphones which come with the player are usually of inferior quality.Change to Sony, Sennheiser headphones. Good luck!

Thank you.. hmmm dun know buy what model...

something like creative muvomicro will do..but i doesnt have a "hold" button.

those small enuff to hang around the neck usually will have to use either proprietry rechargeable battery or AAA battery.. n the batt life is typically say 12hr+-

funan challenger got alot n display. if u dont trust those "funny name" brands then go for "more popular" brands eg creative, iriver, mpio. your budget as stated will suffice

Hi,

Is that mean that creative, iriver, mpio is better than Sony, Aiwan, Panasonic etc?

I heard about Creative, never hear of Iriver and Mpio.
:)

sorry for crashing in... but how about small mp3 players that run on CF card? been looking for one... anybody knows?

no, its not true that "creative, iriver, mpio is better than Sony, Aiwa, Panasonic etc..". what i meant that given a choice, i would intuitively pick a player from a brand that i have come across as "credible", rather than, say.. "bear-bear" brand mp3 player. you get the idea ;)

for mp3 player that run on cf card:

http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/shop/guide.php?step=6&r=flash&money=99999&memexp=1&CF=1

http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk...ash&money=99999&memexp=1&CF=1&products_id=447

seems thats its only available in other countries

Karyinn said:
Hi,

Is that mean that creative, iriver, mpio is better than Sony, Aiwan, Panasonic etc?

I heard about Creative, never hear of Iriver and Mpio.
:)

Get Creative or Iriver. Cheaper than Sony and Panasonic, but prob as good. Dunno bout Aiwan thou. There is nothing to aiwan about if you bought something more ex but with brand name thou. :bsmilie:

i currently own two
the ipod 4G 20 GB
and the creative zen micro

both are really equally good... ...
would highly advise either one

sgstarbet said:
i currently own two
the ipod 4G 20 GB

Mini iPod also can. :thumbsup: But these models will exceed your budget. :sweat:

I personally do not like Creative. I have few creative products that have failed within the first few months of usage and the problem can never be rectified ( i wonder why :think: ) Only their sound cards works properly, they should just stick at that.

I now own a relatively brandless player " Wewa! " selling at bargaincity for 170 w/o gst and delievery. 512mb, built-in FM and recording. A great steal if you ask me.

I came across another cheap player but doesn't have the standard USB type A plug built it, so you have to use a wire to plug in.1GB $199 at SLS, sold by this shop called Best Bargain #04-75. Size is very small. Brand is quite unknown though. Take note that only the 1GB ver has built in receiver, the 512 doesn't.

Both sets displays chinese.

Hope it helps. I work for neither company nor am I slamming any particular company but just sharing info on what I know. I have distanced myself from 'branded' stuff because I think I am over paying for the brand when something cheaper does the same thing.

sgstarbet said:
i currently own two
the ipod 4G 20 GB

But you cannot hang around the neck with these two lah :D

I have the iPod 4G 20GB, like it a lot. Used to have an iRiver iFP-799 (1GB version) but switched to iPod due to the memory size and cool factor :bsmilie:

Cheers!

the ipod mini is "hangable", well, compared to the regular ipods anyway.

but it's over your budget, and at that price, you wouldn't want to hang it like that. swing, crunch. and your precious player gets scratched.

try the samsung yepp series or the small iriver ones. i've tested them out, even with the default headsets, the sound is excellent compared to creative's tx fm, roomba, or the slim series...

Status
Not open for further replies.