Where should i buy my lense in singapore ?(canon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
u're asking where to buy lens means that u already got a body + at least 1 lens(maybe kit lens), that means that u already know what lens to buy, then please just check the price guide thread it has all the latest price compilation around SG with the shop name and detail, that'll make u and our life easier ;)

Last edited:
Because if there is no good reason- and I think, if you're trying to be "independent" with regards to what you buy, then well, this is not a good reason, simply because the fact that you are 14 (assuming you ARE really 14) makes you a much easier target for salespeople with regards to ripping you off.
Is it even legally sound if a person of 14 years buys expensive equipment (regardless whether camera or other things)? A purchase is a contract but at the age of 14 one is not able to sign contracts without consent of parents. I'm not familiar with local laws in that point, but in other countries it would not be possible. Or: the parents could easily reverse the purchase if the sales man ignores the law.

Is it even legally sound if a person of 14 years buys expensive equipment (regardless whether camera or other things)? A purchase is a contract but at the age of 14 one is not able to sign contracts without consent of parents. I'm not familiar with local laws in that point, but in other countries it would not be possible. Or: the parents could easily reverse the purchase if the sales man ignores the law.

Honestly, the legal aspect to it is out of my league. But pragmatically, it wouldn't be wise at all for a 14 year old to be spending good money without his parent's guidance at some point.

So people under 18 cannot buy candy, movie tickets, or a soft drink? :eek::eek:

Can la. no problem la. They cannot sign up for service with terms and conditions as a minor... But retail is fine, I think... unless, of course, if it involves tobacco or alcohol.

Some reputable shops as below,

MS Color
SLR Revolution
TK Foto Technic
Cathay Photo
Parisilk
Orient Photo
John 3:16

Pls google for the above phone number & call them to check, they might not give you the best price in town.

Their numbers can be found in the price guide.

Price Guides. Help yourself.
Wonder why people do all the work collecting these details..? :think:

but be sure which particular lens you want.

What is your reason for not wanting your parents to buy for you?

Because if there is no good reason- and I think, if you're trying to be "independent" with regards to what you buy, then well, this is not a good reason, simply because the fact that you are 14 (assuming you ARE really 14) makes you a much easier target for salespeople with regards to ripping you off.

Unless your parents have no clue about prices in the lens market- if that's the case, then it's their responsibility to read up as wel. After all, it's their money.

Just my opinion.

LOL , wtf .
sorry to say ,its not their money .
i work , to save all these okay .

believe it or not
LOL

all these years my mother , work so hard .
buy the things that i want .
can't for once i be independent , buy the things i want.
and i not that stupid.
i'll do some research , compare the price .
so i'll know whether they are ripping me off or not .

Thanks .

u're asking where to buy lens means that u already got a body + at least 1 lens(maybe kit lens), that means that u already know what lens to buy, then please just check the price guide thread it has all the latest price compilation around SG with the shop name and detail, that'll make u and our life easier ;)
yeap thanks got it . :)

LOL .
why would people need to sign ?
LOL
i don't use credit cards !

LOL.
thats mean if i go out , also need parents sign?
i go universal studio buy the ticket also expensive things in there so expensive need parent sign also uh? LOL

At the end of the day just try to uds what the members here are doing for you but at the same time you have the decision to yourself if you want to spend the money to get what you want.

At the end of the day just try to uds what the members here are doing for you but at the same time you have the decision to yourself if you want to spend the money to get what you want.
i'm just wonder
why they tell me some stuff that make no sense ,
when i'm just asking where can i buy a lense ?
LOLLL

i'm just wonder
LOLLL

Because those senior members doesnt want a 14 yr old to waste his money on something charged more expensive when it shouldnt be , or even spend it on the wrong item? Because the money is quite a lot for a 14 yr old GENERALLY to have, so i guess thats why they are concerned. Thats why i said after all its your own money, there are just giving the advice and tips, up to you if you want to listen ;)

Because those senior members doesnt want a 14 yr old to waste his money on something charged more expensive when it shouldnt be , or even spend it on the wrong item? Because the money is quite a lot for a 14 yr old GENERALLY to have, so i guess thats why they are concerned. Thats why i said after all its your own money, there are just giving the advice and tips, up to you if you want to listen ;)
LOLLL .kays

LOL . when i was a kid i already know ;)
just asking where to buy :) LOLLLLLL

If you would have clicked Search, then you would have found the priceguide, then you would know where to buy.

i did not know there was a priceguide . lol

i'm just wonder
LOLLL

well some ppl just got no life (a.k.a keyboard warriors) and like to increase their post count therefore bringing you on a wild goose chase without giving u an answer.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=518391

refer to this thread and you can have a rough summary of the prices and the places to get them. if reading it dont help then u need someone to physically bring you to the shop itself

So people under 18 cannot buy candy, movie tickets, or a soft drink? :eek::eek:
Can la. no problem la. They cannot sign up for service with terms and conditions as a minor... But retail is fine, I think... unless, of course, if it involves tobacco or alcohol.

It depends on the nature of the purchase. Your examples are fine but it looks different with a 4 digit price tag. As I mentioned, a purchase is a contract as well - although a one-off kind. It is connected to a warranty contract that has to be honoured by the service centers towards a person below the legal age.
As I said, I'm not familiar with the local laws on that aspect, just raising the topic. But if a 14 year old kid can walk into any shop with a stack of cash and buy what's on the shelf so be it.

i did not know there was a priceguide . lol

Price Guides. Help yourself.
Wonder why people do all the work collecting these details..? :think:

Someone already gave you the link to the price guides in the 2nd post of this thread.

Were you really reading or not? :dunno::think:

Status
Not open for further replies.