Where sells the best "Kuay Chap"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drudkh

Mar 2, 2004
lulu island
Any "Kuay Chap" lovers here? I'm looking for Singapore's best Kuay Chap stall. They must be traditional and have pig tongue, pig blood, pig tail, etc... which most do not have at all.
I miss the stall at the old "Lau Pasat" which used to be by the sea.

:)

Not too sure about Singapore's Kuay Chap but I know the best I have ever tasted is in JB. Cheap and good. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Singapore where got pig blood lah!!! :nono: Go taiwan and eat BEST! :lovegrin:

The stall at Old Airport Road Hawker Centre....can't recall the exact stall location, but if u go during the weekend, sure can see long q one...

yum yum!!!

I miss Singapore FOOD!!!!!!

Cheers........

Drudkh said:
Any "Kuay Chap" lovers here? I'm looking for Singapore's best Kuay Chap stall. They must be traditional and have pig tongue, pig blood, pig tail, etc... which most do not have at all.

Nisa said:
Singapore where got pig blood lah!!! :nono: Go taiwan and eat BEST! :lovegrin:

Yee, nice huh? Tried 豬血糕 but just throw it away after a bite, not my taste.

Drudkh said:

Actually, i doubt you can get pigs blood, tongue, lung, heart and such in singapore anymore. My mum told me that the abattoirs no longer 'process' pig innards, so the best u can get is pigs liver, intestines ..... :cry:

Anyway, the one at Old Airport road is fantastic... of course, the wanton mee, fried kway teow there supposed to be good as well ... *drool*

wah, old airport road, quite far mah... i stay clementi... boohoo... :(

and also used to like a stall at a hawker centre which is now replaced by raffles hospital. gonez... :(

hey dude, S'pore how big only???

good food is worth the travelling time!!! go go go

Drudkh said:
wah, old airport road, quite far mah... i stay clementi... boohoo... :(

the stall along Macpherson Road. =))

Two tongues... i mean THUMBS up!!! =P slurping good!

Tampines Ave 2, Blk 201C

There's usually a crowd line up before they open for biz.

gnail said:
the stall along Macpherson Road. =))

Two tongues... i mean THUMBS up!!! =P slurping good!

Bro, exactly where is it? Got good food will travel! :)

Bedok Central Hawker Centre (The Stall near the conner towards the MRT) :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Simon said:
Bedok Central Hawker Centre (The Stall near the conner towards the MRT) :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
oh, i thought the blk 85 is the most famous for good food? but very ulu, dunno how to go leh. :(

Don next time organise a food outing, den before eating we take pictures of the bowls & such with food & the steam... den after eating take photos of the empty bowls and those ppl who eat until whole table dirty kind....

oeyvind said:
Yee, nice huh? Tried 豬血糕 but just throw it away after a bite, not my taste.

Sound like Pig Ice-Cream... :bsmilie: maybe its good served cold? :bsmilie:

anyway i dun like to eat those pig blood, liver, intestine things... just eat kuay chap with duck meat, sha zham bah, tau pok, etc...

The food centre cum wet market at Lor 8 Toa Payoh..... best!! Be prepared to Q though.

There are different types of kueh chap.....which forms are you guys talking about?

1. thick black soupy gravy with the kuey

2. diluted soup with the kuey, with a little fried onion shavings on top

3. herbal tasting type (heavy herb taste) with lots of garnish with the kuey

not sure bout other types....i prefer type 2 most....

yup...second this one too.... :thumbsup:

NitroTech said:
The food centre cum wet market at Lor 8 Toa Payoh..... best!! Be prepared to Q though.

Status
Not open for further replies.