Where is the moon ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kex

Oct 16, 2002
beebox
www.beebox.com.sg
it's been a long time since i saw the moon,anyone knows where and when i can see the moon ?

Regards

Normally it is in the sky..... you should be able to see it at night, just look up ;p

Originally posted by blurblock
Normally it is in the sky..... you should be able to see it at night, just look up ;p

technically incorrect, assuming that the 'sky' you are referring to is everything between the earth and earth's atmosphere.

the moon is in outer space, orbiting the earth. you should be able to see it here

;p

Originally posted by munfai
technically incorrect, assuming that the 'sky' you are referring to is everything between the earth and earth's atmosphere.

the moon is in outer space, orbiting the earth. you should be able to see it here

;p

Try www.dictionary.com
sky
1. The expanse of air over any given point on the earth; the upper atmosphere as seen from the earth's surface.
2. The appearance of the upper atmosphere, especially with reference to weather. Often used in the plural: Threatening skies portend a storm.
3. The celestial regions; the heavens: stars in the southern sky.
4. The highest level or degree: reaching for the sky.

Third definition, so blurblock was semantically correct. ;)

Originally posted by the_tick
Try www.dictionary.com
sky
1. The expanse of air over any given point on the earth; the upper atmosphere as seen from the earth's surface.
2. The appearance of the upper atmosphere, especially with reference to weather. Often used in the plural: Threatening skies portend a storm.
3. The celestial regions; the heavens: stars in the southern sky.
4. The highest level or degree: reaching for the sky.

Third definition, so blurblock was semantically correct. ;)

semantically correct? since when did the moon die and go to heaven?

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

I didn't say it made sense . . . it was a joke, hence the wink. :)

Originally posted by the_tick
I didn't say it made sense . . . it was a joke, hence the wink. :)

i know... i was also laughing... :D

:bsmilie:

Originally posted by kex
anyone knows when and where can i take a pix of the moon ?

for full moon, it should be arnd the middle of each month, 14th-16th thereabouts.

It's tempting to shoot the full moon, bcoz it looks nice n round. But may i suggest, don't.

Shoot a quarter, half or 3/4 moon, but not the full moon.

The full moon is too bright, and typically featureless. The partial moon - esp the part that fades into the night, is a lot more interesting. Where light meets dark, with proper tripod and metering, you can clearly see the craters there.

You live in Bedok, right? i've shot the 3/4 moon at Bedok Reservior at night before. Good place - not much stray light from the buildings and traffic, esp if you find a spot closer to the water.

Pick a time where the moon is in the sky but the sun has not set completely. You'd get more of a picture than just a spot of light against a pitch black sky.

i used a 70-200 + 1.4TC. The hardest part was getting the lens to point up and stay there rock solid.

Hey, if you're interested, we can meet up at Bedok Reservior some evening and do it together. Just a suggestion. PM me if keen. i don't mind doing it again.

Originally posted by ST1100
i used a 70-200 + 1.4TC. The hardest part was getting the lens to point up and stay there rock solid.

do you mind elaborating this? what were the problems that you had?

aam.jpg

thanks all for the sugestions and advises:D i know full moon is around 14th to 16th of each month,juz couldn't see it anywhere.

i need the moon for a double exposure scene,so i prefer a full moon(dun haf the equipment needed for a big big moon either:D )

thanks to ST1100 for the reservoir suggestion,will try it out there when the moon is out.

Keep the suggestions coming.

Cheers !

Here's a full moon . . . photo taken in December 1972 :eek:

moon1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.