Where is the Love?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AverRal

Deregistered
Sep 24, 2007
averral.com
I realized from my personal observation of our tiny island that we do not spread the love! Everyone of us has so much love to give to others, why are we closing ourselves up to the world? We should help each other if possible, and when you are down the next time round... someone will come back to help you up again.

Why have our hearts closed to the world? Is it due to competition that we do not want to share what we know with others? Will people ever realize that strategic alliances are better then competing with one another? We should love the world... after all it has given us life and we should cherish everything around us.

Please share your experiences....

if both prisioners didnt sabo each other they wouldnt go to jail either lol

I used to think that way, but realised that you'll actually receive alot less than you give, which sadly, is a fact. Even though you often hear people say that one should give without expectations, we're all humans after all...

I'll still try my best to help, but the extent would depend on my relationship with those people..

if both prisioners didnt sabo each other they wouldnt go to jail either lol

depends on your version

the version we learn, if both help each other and don't confess both get 1 year jail :bsmilie:

depends on your version

the version we learn, if both help each other and don't confess both get 1 year jail :bsmilie:

Majority wins... :bsmilie:

Well... nowadays i actualised that... 好心没好报...

so better dun share so much, wait kena 1 mob of nosebleeders, hor lan...

1 say no good enuff, 10 say nosebleed, then must be i something wrong.. :bsmilie:

btw, tis is kopitiam ok...

so better dun share so much, wait kena 1 mob of nosebleeders, hor lan...

1 say no good enuff, 10 say nosebleed, then must be i something wrong.. :bsmilie:

:bigeyes::bigeyes:

you post your photo will make people nosebleed

sifu can teach me? :bsmilie:

because we are brought up in "there is no free lunch in this world" way.

So everyone believe in "you so nice to me, you must expecting something from me".

when you start to give freely, after a while people around you take it for granted and start to expect it from you.

Worse, they take first then later all sorts of people will start finding reasons to say you.

But in general, I try to help when I see it's really needed. Too caring also sekali kenar people say trying to beo old aunty on bus. :bsmilie:

omg lets take our wedding photo there!

:bsmilie:

he's probably old enough to be your grandpa.. i knwo you like doing things that no one else will do.. but this is too much!

:devil:

回头是岸,善哉善哉!

Something I wrote recently:

We all agree that humans know what love is. We all agree that in some way, humans are capable of loving some things/people, and not loving other things/people. Such a definitive difference leads to other emotions, including rebellion, anger, hatred, repulsiveness, or on the other side of things, attraction, camaraderie, team spirit and unity.

As a Christian, I would take 1 Cor 13:4-8 as THE definition of love, which I am sure no one will deny to be true love, ideally:

Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. (1 Cor 13:4-8 (ESV))

Ideally, all of us should follow what is laid down here when loving, but of course this is an ideal situation. Less than ideally, most humans are not capable of doing this. As with many relationships, love is unable to bear and endure all things.

Why am I talking about all this? A recent spate of events has triggered this one particular thought: is the capacity for a human to love like a water tank? Is love a filling up process? My theory is this: when you love someone, you are filling their tank. When people love you, they are filling your tank.

How much love/care/concern can one person give to another, without returns, before that one person runs dry and can no longer love? How much can you pour out yourself, before you run dry? This is, of course, an extreme case. Very rarely do you love someone without them showing no love to you at all.

I'm sure there are many people whose water tanks are seemingly dry or nearly empty, so spread the love man!

:bsmilie:

he's probably old enough to be your grandpa.. i knwo you like doing things that no one else will do.. but this is too much!

:devil:

回头是岸,善哉善哉!
har lo, tho I'm Senior Member here, but not qualify as Senior Citizen yet. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.