Where is the best place to go for makan ? ...even after 12 midnight =b

Status
Not open for further replies.

AhV

Jun 10, 2004
Northland
Hmm... read about the "where is the best place to go for drinks?" thread, anyone has recommendations for good makan 'nightspots' ? :) including those after midnight 'happening' makan places.

I have a NEW one to recommend which I went recently. Heard of GLUTTONS BAY ??? sounds like some tourist attraction, right? I think it is. It is an open-concept makan 'nightspot' offering the good stuff of Singapore. I heard most of the stalls were approached by "MAKANSUTRA"..so, they must be something. Then again, we must taste them ourselves ... some may like it,some may not.

Where is it ?ESPLANADE - near the ex-EMBASSY nightspot
Operating hours ? 6 p.m. to 3 a.m. --> late enuff for most of us
What you can find there ? char kway teow, carrot cake, yong tau foo, pau, chicken rice, satay ...etc.
What's my recommendation ? Still love the second stall ( from the main road )...Think it is called "BIG THUMB YONG TAU FOO". 50 cents per pc..min 8 pcs per order. Apparently, the name is popular among housewives
Hangout Ratings ? I give it **** ( scale of 4 stars out of 5 =b)

Keep the list going, people ......I wanna eat, eat and eat :bsmilie:

Hmmm.... noticed that we rather drink ourselves silly than eat till we 'burp' with contentment :bsmilie:

There seems to be more happening in the 'drinking' thread ;p

That bad ,huh ...... No supper lovers ??? I have heard of places in the EAST but dun really know where they are....Anyone care to share ? :) BEDOK ? EAST COAST ROAD ???

DO YOU EAT TO LIVE ? OR LIVE TO EAT ? OR IN PHOTOGRAPHERS TERM, DO WE SHOOT TO LIVE ? OR LIVE TO SHOOT ?

Try Fung Seng at Clementi Road for Nasi Lemak as well as the Prata next door.... Up to 3am? Fav place for NUS students...

nemesis32 said:
Try Fung Seng at Clementi Road for Nasi Lemak as well as the Prata next door.... Up to 3am? Fav place for NUS students...

Heard of this name before ...rumours were if you buy from their 'backdoor', it's cheaper ? I wonder how true is this ??? :)

For East side. Fengshan Market is a nice place for supper after midnite :thumbsup: . Bak Chor Mee (soupy type) is famous there and there are about three stores selling same. Personally prefer the 2nd store (not the corner one) which is facing the main road/bus stop but prepare to wait, always long queue :sweatsm: . Beside Bak Chor Mee, fried oyster, bbq chicken wings/otah also my favorites there. To be continued.....

:cheers:

I still prefer the bedok bar cho mee, market next to the 7-11. Look for the store that doesn't sell the dry type. It is the best.

The chicken wing store on the left hand side is the best.

Near to the center of the market, there is a porridge store, next to the fish porridge, they are also very good and they sell out very fast.

Well, the place that I always go and though I was staying in the west, is bedok.

To add.. another place nearer to town is the teo chew porridge place along Havelock road.

Jalan Kayu esp for those living in Punggol/Sengkang area :thumbsup:

jeff49er said:
Jalan Kayu esp for those living in Punggol/Sengkang area :thumbsup:

ewe....i hate that place....over-rated prata

A & A muslim stall at Sembanwang road...

Chong Pang Lasi Lemak... Or izzit Nee Soon Lasi Lemak :dunno: next the air defense camp in Chong Pang... :)

fleek said:
I still prefer the bedok bar cho mee, market next to the 7-11. Look for the store that doesn't sell the dry type. It is the best.

The chicken wing store on the left hand side is the best.

I think we are talking about the same place/store, it is call Fengshan Market (@Bedok) :) Hwvr I prefer the chicken wing store at the 2nd/3rd :dunno: row!

Hmmm .... I dun live near BEDOK but is FENGSHAN market - near the Block 80 and above series ???? Anyone can confirm ??? operating hours ???

i go to the bedok north place about once every few weeks to fulfil my cravings for bak chor mee. i prefer the corner store to the famous one. i also prefer the chicken wings along the same row - maybe its more convenient?? the chai chee porridge - i think the 5th row is pretty good also but prepare for a long wait during peak periods.

another good place to makan after midnight is geylang - the famous 24 hr soya milk place with you tiao. beef hor fun and carrot cake store next to it should be open then as well.

AhV said:
Hmmm .... I dun live near BEDOK but is FENGSHAN market - near the Block 80 and above series ???? Anyone can confirm ??? operating hours ???

I don't stay in bedok so i dun know. The bak chor mee stores only from 10pm and operate till around 3am. As for the porridge store, they open from 9pm and by 1am or so, they are already sold out.

Oh yah, the store name is call mei something, the lady, the daughter of the owner working there walks like duck, but hor, you address her mei nui ;) , you get better service...can even jump queue ;p ;p

Bedok North Hawker Centre (Market) is Blk 85, the famous corner stall Ba Cho Mee ($2 per bowl), Chicken Wings ($1 each) and BBQ Stingray ($8, $10 or $12 depend on size)

Coffee Shop next to Macdonald opposite Bukit Gombak MRT. Good quality pratas, mee-soto, goreng and many other muslim/indian food. ;p

But the teh tarek sucks... :cry:

AhV said:
Yup thats the market... heard abt the Bak Chor Mee....

Guys, if you guys can suggest the timing will be good....maybe i start another thread....

nemesis32 said:

prata :thumbsup:

especially for archi students who work overnight in the studios :sweatsm:

but the nasi lemak :thumbsd: :thumbsd: :thumbsd: it's overhyped

where to find the best ba chor mee ??? I MISS THE MARINA's sq one !!!

Beef Hor Fun at Geylang Lor11

me going now - super is a sacred meal

Status
Not open for further replies.