Where is the best place to get Anime DVDs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Internet :)

There's a shop in Sengkang, i think it's at Compass Point. Quite a wide selection. I think there's another one in Paradis Centre, not sure if it's still there tho.

sunshine plaza at princep street. singapore's anime basecamp. =)

there's a shop @ Bugis, 3rd floor. just opposite Kinokuniya. it sells all kinds of Anime stuff and apparently they can bring in hard-to-find DVDs. my colleague goes there frequently.

Wooo keep the places coming!

I think you can get lots of them at Clarke Quay.....

1.animesuki.com

2.emule chinese version

3.verycd.com

4.my friend. he got tons of it...he's addign his dunno 7th or 8th HDD for it..next month i will visit his house and leech all from him ^_^

clive said:
1.animesuki.com

2.emule chinese version

3.verycd.com

4.my friend. he got tons of it...he's addign his dunno 7th or 8th HDD for it..next month i will visit his house and leech all from him ^_^

:sweat: isn't it cheaper to buy CDRs? 70GB for only $45.

shouldnt make a diff to him..his PC is 24hr on full time downloading that type one..lolzz!

try not to buy from amazon. the package will be classfied as media-DVD, and it will be sent to censor board 1st.

ninelives said:
try not to buy from amazon. the package will be classfied as media-DVD, and it will be sent to censor board 1st.
I've bought heaps of stuff from amazon and never had any issues with the censor board.

ninelives said:
coz CDR quality sucks big time.

how so? CDR and HDD both retain the same video format? Actually, my concern is that the HDD break down and 10~100GB of data all gone... all it takes is a little static on the unprotected circuit board... :eek:
Besides, it's easier to carry 10 CDRs than 1 HDD. :D

ninelives said:

I have bought "Saving Private Ryan (DVD)" from amazon.com before, but have no problem. It was supposed to be banned in Singapore (or so the VCD shops tell me) and can only find the VCD version, which is censored, as opposed to the DVD code 1 version in US.

Actually I have no problems with the Censorship board going thorugh the anime DVD, except I think there is an addition fee to pay. (not sure if it still applys)

I had bought a DVD before and chose to ship via express mail, it appears the express mail method via Fedreal Express or DHL, sent the media to the censorship board and when it was delivered to my house, There was a additional fee ($2 or $1) to pay, and I later found out it was for the censorship board fee, (through the invoice).
So I ended up paying $1-2 for the censorship board sticker on my DVD. :(

When I ordered it using standard shipping method, it did not pass through censorship. (no Singapore censorship board approved sticker on the DVD)

feryl said:
how so? CDR and HDD both retain the same video format? Actually, my concern is that the HDD break down and 10~100GB of data all gone... all it takes is a little static on the unprotected circuit board... :eek:
Besides, it's easier to carry 10 CDRs than 1 HDD. :D

I archive all my anime into DVD-R

Usually a full series, (abt 26 epsiodes in mpeg or divx) will fit into a single DVD-R.

They occupy less space compared to 6 CD-Rs (700Mb).

With DVD writers hitting new lows, ($179 for a benq dual format), I hope the DVD writers will catch on, the DVD media prices will start coming down...

Winston said:
I archive all my anime into DVD-R

Usually a full series, (abt 26 epsiodes in mpeg or divx) will fit into a single DVD-R.

Me too.. but usually will have a copy in harddisk unless I watch the anime already.. Had bad experiences with cdrs, with its data been corrupted (unable to read) after some time even if I haven't touch it at all.. Hope it doesn't happen to dvdrs...

Status
Not open for further replies.