Where is the best place to get a shot of all the tankers around Sentosa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trifecta

Sep 16, 2009
Hi,

I'm not a native Singaporean, so I don't know that much about the locations around the island. But I remember when flying in that there was sooooo many tankers laying just off the coast of Sentosa, and I'd like to get a good shot of that before I have to leave again.

So, do you guys have any idea of where I should go for the best shot? I'd like to get as many as possible in the picture, and preferably not just ones far out in the distance... And I don't want to take it through the window of a plane :p

Also, if any of you have ever taken any shots of the tankers, I'd love to see them

Kind regards

Go to the south most point of Asia continent which is located at Sentosa. There is a steel bridge linking the place from Sentosa's Palawan beach. You can go up 4 stories to one of the two towers with you 600mm lens to have a shoot. Mind you, the tankers are parked pretty far away (that's why the 600mm lens).

Hope you enjoy your stay in Singapore.

Thanks for your reply :) I'm gonna have a hard time getting my hands on a 600mm lens, but I'll check it out

Thanks for your reply :) I'm gonna have a hard time getting my hands on a 600mm lens, but I'll check it out

Check the Marketplace, Commercial Services. There are rental offers.

A 600mm may be difficult to get.

An alternative is a Sigma superzoom up to 500mm, or something up to 400mm and a teleconverter. Probably have to focus manually.

You can take something like this from one of the tall office tower in Raffles Place or Marina Bay.
Most likely you will need a 300mm but maybe 200mm possible.
707863267_KVDFh-L.jpg

Or can take from some cruise and it will go near those tankers like this..
707863351_J54e9-L.jpg

707863659_8xiXq-L.jpg

google map can see alot of tanker.

Thanks for all the comments guys :)

Lifestyle, are there any of these that are accessable to the public? I stayed at the Sail for a while, but I didn't find anywhere from there where I could take such pictures as the ones you are posting

Hi trifecta,

The first pic was taken from ORQ (building at the back of Sail). You should be able to get a better shot from the Sail if facing the right side. You might want to ask your neighbours ;)

Good luck :)

Thanks for all the comments guys :)

Lifestyle, are there any of these that are accessable to the public? I stayed at the Sail for a while, but I didn't find anywhere from there where I could take such pictures as the ones you are posting

I saw these tankers up close when I was traveling to/for Batam. Maybe you could try that.

Status
Not open for further replies.