Where is the best place to get 3rd party ink?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dancing Monkiee

Feb 3, 2004
Original to ex. Which brand and shop/s is recommended for 3rd party ink? Calidad, Sepom, ... etc.

Dancing Monkiee said:
Original to ex. Which brand and shop/s is recommended for 3rd party ink? Calidad, Sepom, ... etc.

I bought mine at Sim Lim square 4th storey near the escalater going up to 5th floor. the brand is ORINK ,it has ink for Canon ,Epson & HP .It is the cheapest that I can find.

Dancing Monkiee said:

You can visit Inknovation at Funan The IT Mall, #05-41. They have quality inks and solutions for various inkjet solutions: Bulk Ink Auto-Replenishing System (AIRSystem), Cartridges, Ink Refill kit (comes with free training, good for you who are first timer doing refilling).

The price may not be the cheapest in town, but since this shop only sells inkjet printers stuff, nothing else, so user can expect useful advice and tips as added bonus along with the products.

Here is their website at http://www.inknovation.com.sg.

once i got a 3rd party ink.. and the colour really suxs..
black seems green :angry: :bsmilie:

agnesbanner.sized.jpg

RuthBaby said:
once i got a 3rd party ink.. and the colour really suxs..
black seems green :angry: :bsmilie:

agnesbanner.sized.jpg

I am not sure how can black ink appear green (?) (it seems mission impossible task :). I can probably guess that may be other color (likely yellow ink) has cross contaminated as a result of failed cartridge. If this happen with DIY (do it yourself) refill kit, perhaps you have not refilled the cartridge properly.

If you consume a lot of inks and are benefiting from the savings and want to make another try, you can write email to me in private. Just let me know the cartridge you are using.

both calidad and sepom are decent but since i changed to the new epson printer. i been using original

lazarus_lauw said:
I am not sure how can black ink appear green (?) (it seems mission impossible task :). I can probably guess that may be other color (likely yellow ink) has cross contaminated as a result of failed cartridge. If this happen with DIY (do it yourself) refill kit, perhaps you have not refilled the cartridge properly.

If you consume a lot of inks and are benefiting from the savings and want to make another try, you can write email to me in private. Just let me know the cartridge you are using.

If you ever used the old old HP 500 (first generation colour inkjet) you will know black appeared green :)

blurblock said:
If you ever used the old old HP 500 (first generation colour inkjet) you will know black appeared green :)

If the black does not come from the black ink, but from mixing CMY color instead, then that can also happen in new printers (that use 3 color without black ink) as well when the CMY color weight in inks gets imbalanced...

This problem however, can be compensated from the printer driver.

Not all 3rd party inks are all bad... There are some that are really good as well.

GAve some third party inks a tryand the colours came out really weird :think: Went back to original and never venture towards the dark side anymore.. :bsmilie:

there are alot of brands out there, some even claim to be an oem to other brand name....
for third party i've tried calidad, colour bit off, sepom flood my epson printer.... now i'm using the s9000 and stick to original ink.... but that does not mean that 3rd party ink not good.... but i dunno which one is... pointers anyone ??????

Status
Not open for further replies.