Where is the best place to buy a lens in Singapore?

OmarS

Sep 4, 2011
Hi guys,

I want to buy 2 camera lenses from Singapore. As I have never bought any camera equipment from Singapore before I thought I would ask you guy. After doing a little research I have found out there are numerous places in Singapore to buy Canon lenses from. But what I cant seem to figure out is where should I buy it from?
I am aware of the following places:

1) Sim Lim Square
2) Bally Photo
3) Techno Gadgets
4) sgcamstore

Techno Gadgets seem to have the cheapest price among the above list.

• How reliable are these places listed above?
  • Have any of you guys ever bought stuff from them before?
  • Do you know of any place which would be better?
  • What is the difference between buying the lenses from the places mentioned above and buying the lenses from the Canon Store?

Some of the stores in the list above are online stores. How safe is it to order the lenses online?

I am posting this thread for all the people who are new to Singapore such as me and have no clue as to which would be the best place. I am sure most of you guys who read this thread have purchased a lot of camera products here and will be kind enough to help the guys who are new.

Hoping to here from you guys... ;)

Regards.

Hi guys,

I want to buy 2 camera lenses from Singapore. As I have never bought any camera equipment from Singapore before I thought I would ask you guy. After doing a little research I have found out there are numerous places in Singapore to buy Canon lenses from. But what I cant seem to figure out is where should I buy it from?

1) Sim Lim Square
2) Bally Photo
3) Techno Gadgets
4) sgcamstore

• What is the difference between buying the lenses from the places mentioned above and buying the lenses from the Canon Store?

Some of the stores in the list above are online stores. How safe is it to order the lenses online?

I am posting this thread for all the people who are new to Singapore such as me and have no clue as to which would be the best place. I am sure most of you guys who read this thread have purchased a lot of camera products here and will be kind enough to help the guys who are new.

Regards.

Online store mostly I'd gray set. (not too sure where u from,any international warrenty anot)
If local set can get them from funan IT mall
Bt not all the shop there can trust, there a price list from canon list.
Can try TKfoto or SLRR and John3:16 this 3 shop is where I got my lens and cam.
Hope this help.

Fyi, the Canon store in Vivo City is a showroom only. They do not sell.
If you do not need the local guarantee for Singapore, check the Mass Order site and virtual shops listings in clubsnap.
Some have physical stores, some you could meet the seller and try out first. These are parallel import sets.

Otherwise, window shop around Funan Centre, Peninsula Shopping Centre,Peninsula Plaza and Excelsior Shopping centre to get a feel of prices. Out of town places include Parisilk in Holland village and MS Color in Ang Mo Kio. Google them for info.
Happy shopping!

Hi guys,

1) Sim Lim Square
2) Bally Photo
3) Techno Gadgets
4) sgcamstore

Regards.

1) Sim Lim Square - I would only purchase my items from orient photo (right on the sixth floor) when I am in Sim Lim
2) Bally Photo - no comments (read internet and clubsnap reviews on this shop - I think you will be surprise at what you will find)
3) Techno Gadgets (never bought from them)
4) sgcamstore - pretty good shops but I think their lenses are grey sets.

Other shops that you can visit is:

1) Cathay Photos (Penisular Singapore, Marina Square)
2) John 3:16 (Funan)
3) SLRR (Funan)
4) TK foto (Funan)
5) MS color (Ang Mo Kio)
6) artworkfoto (like Sgcamera, their lens are grey set with 1 year store warranty)

Please call up individual shops to ask for quotation before going down to them. Also when asking for quotation, please be sure to ask them if the price quoted include GST or not.