where is sime forest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aloyteo

Sep 14, 2005
aloyteo.multiply.com
hi, do u all know where is sime forest? i heard its highly recommended for macro photography of butterflies. is it at macritchie reservoir lornie trail? i can't seem to find much insects there at all, let alone butterflies. or is it at sime road?

also, anyone can recommend places where there are lots of insects especially spiders to shoot. thanks a lot ;)

Hi Sime Forest, is located in Botanic Gardens :)

oh so its along sime road rite? does that mean that butterflies will be fluttering around near the road or do i have to bash into the jungle? is the road really a paved road or is it some dirt track? thanks.

I hear you have to bash quite far in. parking is a problem you may have to park quite faraway and topo with your gear as the road is blocked by the golf club.

thanks guys for ur help. so which portion of the road has more butterflies, before or after the country club building if i trek in from lornie road?

i recommend trekking from venus drive, if you go by Lornie, it will be a longer trek, remember to bring water along as the only refilling station is at the ranger station. Avoid weekend if possible, tree top walk visitors crowd the place, not forgetting the noise they bring along and litter of cos

Status
Not open for further replies.