Where is Sigma service centre?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arikevin

Oct 21, 2003
Serangoon
Is it in the Alexandra Distripark or in the Redhill area?

excellent service there. i just got back my 70-200/2.8, left with 1 mth warranty. they rechipped it and returned it to me within 5 days. and the service, from the front desk to the engineer is :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

if you don't mind telling me, how to get there? I would appreciate it very much :)

arikevin said:
if you don't mind telling me, how to get there? I would appreciate it very much :)

wah. lol. i took a cab there. but it's like near the old HDB hub. downstairs u can c some MH Ceramic thingy. sorry that's all i can recall. hehe. :embrass:

no problem man, i will find out while waiting for the replies from the fellow clubsnapers who maybe can tell me how to get there the most efficient way :)

How much do they charge for rechipping? I have a old Sigma 70-300mm APO Macro I'm interested to send for upgrading :)

yulee said:
How much do they charge for rechipping? I have a old Sigma 70-300mm APO Macro I'm interested to send for upgrading :)

huh? 70-300 got problem meh? upgrading? what do you want to upgrade to? while still under warranty, the 70-200 was rechipped for free. apparently some earlier batches needed the rechip because of compatibility with D70. now it works great. problem was sometimes when the cammie goes into 'sleep' mode, the lens doesn't 'wake up' and gives the F-- error.

Hehe - no problem lah - actually I just shot a couple of rolls of my kids it. Problem is the AF abit slow the lens has a tendercy to "hunt".

yulee said:
Hehe - no problem lah - actually I just shot a couple of rolls of my kids it. Problem is the AF abit slow the lens has a tendercy to "hunt".

ah. that is quite normal for that 70-300. was using that lens too. seems fine in bright environment. needs lots of light it seems.

arikevin said:
no problem man, i will find out while waiting for the replies from the fellow clubsnapers who maybe can tell me how to get there the most efficient way :)

Hope this help:
By bus
1. If u r coming from town direction and towards old HDB Centre, u'd pass Bt Merah Centre, the library, SPRING, and some JTC factories. ecentre@redhill is after JTC. Alight at the bus stop after the traffic light and walk back to ecentre.
2.If u r coming from Queensway Shopping Centre and towards Redhill, u'd pass safra, stretch of HDB blks and the new CPIB. Alight immediately after traffic light and CPIB, cross the road to Pacific Tech Centre. ecentre is next to PacTech on the left.
By car
1. Turn in after JTC
2. U-turn at SPRING junction

Try this

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.