Where is Pentax made in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hilove

Dec 3, 2007
Understand that the brand's origin is frm Japan. But where are they made in? DIfferent models made in different country? If so, den PENTAX Optio S10 made in where? anyone knows?

The DSLRs are made in Philippines. The point-and-shoot cameras are mostly made in Malaysia.

Sorry i do not know, but as for my K10D it has a sticker made in "PENTAX Corporation", tearing off the sticker shows "Assembled in Philippines under the supervision of PENTAX Corporation"..

Anyway you shouldn't worry, my K10D shows no fault, 100% quality :)

Most Pentax P&S cameras are still made in Japan or ASSEMBLED in Malaysia (as I checked last time, but it's quite a while ago).
All current Pentax dSLR cameras are ASSEMBLED in Philippines
Most DA lenses are ASSEMBLED in Vienam (DA18250 is made in Japan, the rest in Vienam).
The FA Limited lenses are made in Japan, and most FA lenses too.
There are some old FA lenses which are made in Taiwan or Vienam too
But most old FA lens, and almost all F/A/M/K lenses are made in Japan.

The Pentax Optio S10 is probably ASSEMBLED in Malaysia, but better check it in a shop to confirm.

My FA 50mm is made in Japan. Kit lens Vietnam. Camera... Not too sure :)

Anyway, just a short qns, since this question had been brought up, I am wondering why some people are still feeling negative about Grey Set, since the production line for the product are still the same?

Btw, sorry for the OT but just curious and do not wish to anyhow open new thread :)

My FA 50mm is made in Japan. Kit lens Vietnam. Camera... Not too sure :)

Anyway, just a short qns, since this question had been brought up, I am wondering why some people are still feeling negative about Grey Set, since the production line for the product are still the same?

Btw, sorry for the OT but just curious and do not wish to anyhow open new thread :)

touch wood, if in any case u need to service some lens or body, might take longer time to get back the items...another thing, what if the shop dun honor their warranty ??

Be it grey sets or with internation warranty, the chance of failures are the same...

Actually nothing wrong whether its made in China, Vietnam, Philipines or Malaysia...As long as its in good working condition.

However, having work in a Japanese manufacturing firm before and visited their factory...i muz say...it does makes a difference in quality...working in a manufacturing line and the things u witness, sometimes i also doubt the quality we produce here, those working in the manufacturing industries will noe wat i meant, but in Japan, its totally different...its really no nonsense and no compromise in quality...their operators are highly skilled professionals and take their job and responsiblities very seriously, compare to our operators here...

Anyway, stuff made in Japan usually cost more and doesn't mean there won't be any fault...as i said, as long as its in good working condition, there should be no concern...

The DA* 16-50 and 50-135 are both made in Vietnam. The only Pentax accessories I have that say "Made in Japan" are the FA Ltd lenses and the PVC/Leather lens carrier cases.

touch wood, if in any case u need to service some lens or body, might take longer time to get back the items...another thing, what if the shop dun honor their warranty ??

Be it grey sets or with internation warranty, the chance of failures are the same...

Hahaha... Maybe thats the price of paying a lower capital cost bah. :D

I like my grey grey alot :D

Hahaha... Maybe thats the price of paying a lower capital cost bah. :D

I like my grey grey alot :D

Buying grey set from OP has virtually no risk. They honor their store warranty very well.

Anyway, OP carries both local warranty sets and grey sets now.

The DA* 16-50 and 50-135 are both made in Vietnam. The only Pentax accessories I have that say "Made in Japan" are the FA Ltd lenses and the PVC/Leather lens carrier cases.

The new Pentax 18-250 is made in japan too. It is indicated on the lens itself.

It's most likely made by Tamron thus in JP :)

I might get one DA18250 too someday...

Joking right? :think: With all the exotic Pentax glass that have touched your hands, why would you want to consider a consumer grade super zoom? :bsmilie:

You don't need this lens.:bsmilie: But i know you sure get one someday to play with.

Well, actually I do need this lens :) My kids are growing up now, and we might bring them to the beach someday soon. I would not bring any of my FA* lenses to the beach, and this one will come in handy :) Besides, my wife wants to use my K100D when we go to the zoo, I guess this zoom lens will help her shoot both the kids and the animals :cool:

Joking right? :think: With all the exotic Pentax glass that have touched your hands, why would you want to consider a consumer grade super zoom? :bsmilie:

Well, although it's a consumer grade super zoom lens, I'm a consumer ;), and I kinda like zoom lenses nowadays (but only got one zoom lens, that's the FA*2870/2.8). Might get this one for the kids when we go the beach. Besides, I was quite satisfied with the DA18-55 and DA50-200 combo, this 18250 lens performs not too far behind of these two, I might be satisfied too :)

And of course just like Des said above, I love to play different lenses. This is the latest offering from Pentax, why not give it a try :D

I still carry some Japan made items like Z1p body and lenses. My 1st Pentax product which is Philiphine made was my istD. But not to worry.. it still works well :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.