Where is Jln Kayu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ah Pao

Nov 7, 2003
Singapore
www.facebook.com
I hear from my friends that Jalan Kayu has good prata shops that fits good for supper. However, I can't find them...anyone has directions to the prata shops?

Ah Pao said:
I hear from my friends that Jalan Kayu has good prata shops that fits good for supper. However, I can't find them...anyone has directions to the prata shops?

only one famous roti prata comprising of two shops side by side.

The way to the militery airport in Singapore.Alamat,I am malaysian also know.

Ah Pao said:
Hey dude where are you from? :bsmilie:

Adam Goi said:
Hi.

Have you tried the Upper Thomson ones? IMHO, they are better ... :devil:

yah, i tried them before too! they are more crispier.. lol... and a lil cheaper when i compare with jln kayu ones... i find the jln kayu ones a killer...

but sometimes that place, rather unique la.. i dunno why.... lol...

glennyong said:
yah, i tried them before too! they are more crispier.. lol... and a lil cheaper when i compare with jln kayu ones... i find the jln kayu ones a killer...

but sometimes that place, rather unique la.. i dunno why.... lol...

how much do they charge at jln kayu now? haven't been there for a long while. in the late seventies, they were a lot smaller and physically much closer to seletar camp.

Ah Pao said:

Heh.. I don't recommend that you buy pratas from Jalan Kayu after 6pm.. Most of my campmates who did that usually came down with diahorrea.. If you do, try to avoid the curry and you should be fine..

Firefox said:
Heh.. I don't recommend that you buy pratas from Jalan Kayu after 6pm.. Most of my campmates who did that usually came down with diahorrea.. If you do, try to avoid the curry and you should be fine..

no la.. nt that serious la.. i had their prata after 6 de leh.. also no kenna.. maybe that time the hands dirty la..

but i remember that time i order 4 egg prata and 8 plain prata, some mutton and chicken curry

the cost : some where $48....

3 person ah..eat $48 worth of prata.

and worse, i had a teacher who told me he ate $10 worth of prata. 1 piece $10. hahahaa....

most ex prata i tried was the ice-cream prata..
but not $10 la..
anyway upper thomson still better... more accessible, unless u living in Sengkang.

wanna outing to eat prata???

glennyong said:
no la.. nt that serious la.. i had their prata after 6 de leh.. also no kenna.. maybe that time the hands dirty la..

but i remember that time i order 4 egg prata and 8 plain prata, some mutton and chicken curry

the cost : some where $48....

3 person ah..eat $48 worth of prata.

and worse, i had a teacher who told me he ate $10 worth of prata. 1 piece $10. hahahaa....

Well... That's the experience of more than one person on more than one occasion. The only link is that all of them bought and ate the prata with the curry after 6pm.. LOL.. And the only person not to get it didn't touch the curry..

Firefox said:
Well... That's the experience of more than one person on more than one occasion. The only link is that all of them bought and ate the prata with the curry after 6pm.. LOL.. And the only person not to get it didn't touch the curry..

hahaha.. okies...tats bad.. lol

offspring said:
i second that.

different pple, different taste... hehehe.... =] u muz tell the thread started ur point of view.

- 2molo i post the details of the best roti-pratas in singapore frm the MakanSutra book i had... hehehe

The best I had was from a so-called 'Jalan Kayu Branch' at the industrial park near my place (Bedok North).. The industrial park has since been levelled to flat ground. Had a friend who used to drive all the way down from Jurong just to get prata at the stall.. LOL..

jalan kayu's prata standard has dropped alot liao lor ....... not very crispy as they always rush for orders ....

Where are the ones from Upper Thompson? Have not tried that... Are there near Thompson Plaza?

Thanks. :)

no, further north, just before yio chu kang road.

Hmm... Will try some day. Jalan Kayu ones have deteriorated, I think. Best to eat when they make on the spot.

Have you guys tested the ones at Suntec? Not bad I think. Long long queues of ppl :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.