Where is Istana Woodneuk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With so many photogs pounding their way through that old building. I am not going to be very surprised if it collapses soon.

the staircase seems to get weaker each day i wonder who will be the first to fall through it hahah

Attempted to go there last Saturday but was surprised to see that they have barricaded the gate already including the side "walls". The barricade seems to be very new (< 1 week). Don't know if it is still accessible by any other gates. Sorry guys. If anyone knows of other means to get in, pls share.

u can bash up the slope,found along a visible trail located near the bustop.
the bustop is the one mentioned here.
5mins of walk/climb only

Hey thanks guys. Saw the thread in kopitiam already. Very detailed. Anyone one interested to go there in 3 weeks time do let me know. Can't go as soon as I wish as my wife will be going for her arm operation tomorrow.

Attempted to go there last Saturday but was surprised to see that they have barricaded the gate already including the side "walls". The barricade seems to be very new (< 1 week). Don't know if it is still accessible by any other gates. Sorry guys. If anyone knows of other means to get in, pls share.

Digisnap,

Thanks for the info. Hopefully someone goes before me and let us know if the place have been barricaded or has someone else broke down the barricade. Haha.

Hopefully someone goes before me and let us know if the place have been barricaded or has someone else broke down the barricade. Haha.
I would also appreciate if someone would post an update regarding the barricaded gate. I'm going to do a shoot there next week and look like now I would have to visit the place prior to the shoot to make sure it's still accessible.

By the way, have anyone visited Old French Embassy before? It's supposed to be near to Istana and looks promising for a model photoshoot.

I would also appreciate if someone would post an update regarding the barricaded gate. I'm going to do a shoot there next week and look like now I would have to visit the place prior to the shoot to make sure it's still accessible.

By the way, have anyone visited Old French Embassy before? It's supposed to be near to Istana and looks promising for a model photoshoot.

Old French embassy? there is a security guard who will always be there.... I guess you can try to be 1) frenly to him and hope he will allow you at the expanse of his job... or 2) knock him down and get out as soon as u finished shooting.

Old French embassy? there is a security guard who will always be there.... I guess you can try to be 1) frenly to him and hope he will allow you at the expanse of his job... or 2) knock him down and get out as soon as u finished shooting.

Nisa, thanks for your reply. Just to make sure. this is the place, right? http://forums.clubsnap.org/showpost.php?p=2995401&postcount=37

Thank to all who have contributed.

Nice idea of old french embassy. Wonder how Francis247 managed to get so close to it should there really be a guard. Anyway, we'll just keep this thread running in case anyone has new insights and updates.

Some model told me that there is a broken down house near Haji lane. Just wondering if anyone knows about it.

There is also another nice workshop building along Lavendar st. Can't miss it. But chained. What a waste.

Nick

Confirmed. the hole next to the gate at Tyersall Ave. had been patched. :confused: Does anyone know alternative path to Istana Woodneuk?

hi folks, a few things to share:
1. wanted to go istana woodneuk but got it mixed up with the old french embassy instead
2. was taking pictures outside and a police patrol came up. he says outside is ok, dun go in.. :( din risk going in but went around (there are several buildings). this place is State Property.. we were lucky not to get sent to the station..
3. no security guard (perhaps cuz today is saturday)
4. the main gate to woodneuk is covered with undergrowth and barricaded.

so for woodneuk, i guess we got to use the shortcut?

Status
Not open for further replies.