Where is Creative?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canonised

Aug 27, 2003
Not too long ago, Creative was boasting that they will overtake Apple in the MP3 market through a 100-million do$$ars marketing campaign and maybe more aggressive pricing. Well the whole market knew they couldn't except their management. But after some dismay results they came to face facts and now have a about-turn to concentrate on what they do best - which is a really good move.
Now, are they still interested in their mp3 and those consumer gadgets? It would be a big waste if they totally ignore all these now. Not too long ago, they actually luanched a new model every week or so but now you hardly hear them at all. Then the pricings and promotional efforts - hardly you see them as aggressive now. I think it's time Creative has to be more sure of where it is going..... You see the nos of "exclusive" Apple salesrooms is growing (with the Club21's new baby).... but where to find Creative products? Anyone can try looking for a tryout of the Creative Vision .... i try the whole sim lim, best denki, hn, etc... bo leh.....
What say you? Just kopitiam tok tok only ....

if u dont mind u can wait for 4 mths for the Creative warehouse sale. agree with u man, i love their zen neeon. when i 1st saw it, i saw like OMG, i'm so gonna have it. but now look at ipod nano...same design, only slimmer, smaller, but everyone's going gaga over it, even me.

Different market. Creative for the consumer market, Apple for professionals.

dRebelXT said:
Different market. Creative for the consumer market, Apple for professionals.

Really? In what sense?
The ipods are the EASIEST to use for the consumer. That statement isn't even true about Apple computers anymore.

Not so keen in all those stuffs. Get a CD, pop in the player, there you got, MUSIC! MP3 need to DL n if illegal, kenna caught. If lucky, dl or convert from CD liao, got to transfer to MP3 player. Then when want to change songs, repeat all the steps again. :confused:

agreed. Creative seemed to have dissappeared somewhere underground since the Nano came out.

The marketing department probably saw the strength of their competitor and went back to their drawing boards.

no point competing when the product standards are so different..

lets hope creative can think of something more orginal this time. keep all the consumers out there happy and hopeful!

may be the boss should autograph more of his products. that would make them desirable to consumers. :)

Canonised said:
Not too long ago, Creative was boasting that they will overtake Apple in the MP3 market through a 100-million do$$ars marketing campaign and maybe more aggressive pricing. Well the whole market knew they couldn't except their management. But after some dismay results they came to face facts and now have a about-turn to concentrate on what they do best - which is a really good move.
Now, are they still interested in their mp3 and those consumer gadgets? It would be a big waste if they totally ignore all these now. Not too long ago, they actually luanched a new model every week or so but now you hardly hear them at all. Then the pricings and promotional efforts - hardly you see them as aggressive now. I think it's time Creative has to be more sure of where it is going..... You see the nos of "exclusive" Apple salesrooms is growing (with the Club21's new baby).... but where to find Creative products? Anyone can try looking for a tryout of the Creative Vision .... i try the whole sim lim, best denki, hn, etc... bo leh.....
What say you? Just kopitiam tok tok only ....
:)

creative mp3 players are abit substandard

ipod nano lcd is colour, can view photo. neeon where can fight?

besides, apple sells a lifestyle product. i dunno what creative is selling?

besides, i think creative boast too much. :think:

I voted for Neeon with my pocket. Bigger capacity and cheaper. MP3 player is for listening to music, not looking at the screen. I agree the Apple interface is better, but the Creative sound quality is better. Since I listen to music sequentially rather than fondling my MP3 player, the Neeon suits me better. Battery life is pretty good, too, and firmware is upgradeable.

I bought a Zen Micro sometime back and had a hard time trying to figure out the functions and how to go about using it. The instruction manual was as good as useless. Imagine the booklet contains about 10 pages and comes in a few languages. How much information can u get out of it? Their service centre looked much like a rundown store room. At that time, I was told they were shifting to another better location. U mean to say that all the while they had been operating under such conditions - lousy chairs, no air-con, small room that could not cope with many customers that they had to put extra chairs along the corridors, a digital counter showing the number that had been served which those sitting outside could not see and had to peep into the room once in a whie in order not to miss their number, etc.?

We are talking so much about our home grown company, Creative. But, after buying one of their products and having seen their pathetic after sales service, I won't be buying any of their products any more. Not that I don't want to support our local companies but I will put my money on those companies that produce better products and good service supports - local or foreign.

redstorm said:
I bought a Zen Micro sometime back and had a hard time trying to figure out the functions and how to go about using it. The instruction manual was as good as useless. Imagine the booklet contains about 10 pages and comes in a few languages. How much information can u get out of it? Their service centre looked much like a rundown store room. At that time, I was told they were shifting to another better location. U mean to say that all the while they had been operating under such conditions - lousy chairs, no air-con, small room that could not cope with many customers that they had to put extra chairs along the corridors, a digital counter showing the number that had been served which those sitting outside could not see and had to peep into the room once in a whie in order not to miss their number, etc.?
Have you been to the Apple Service centre at AMK? Not that impressive either but I think should be much better than what you have written. When are they going to learn to improve the after-sale service? My Creative mp3 player broke down after a year but telephone service was so bad, I gave up. In the Apple case, for checking your brand new Mini, they even wanted to charge me $100 + $5 GST because it was not the hardware fault ... but after some negotiation, they waived.
They should learn from Canon AND Nikon aftersale centre. Free drink, magazines, fast service, nice showroom, etc... A few times, Canon didnt even bother to charge me for minor repairs and they didnt even need to check anything about the warranty! ... I give 5 stars to the Canon guys!

Canon :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ;)

user111 said:
Canon :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ;)
But compared with Nikon, Canon still charges for CMOS sensor cleaning at $21 rite?

Astin said:
Nikon charges for CCD sensor cleaning at $25, plus 5% GST.
Maybe my info was not accurate.;p

jnet6 said:
not another C n N war pls...
No lah, I'm a Canon user.
Read it somewhere in this forum that Nikon does not charge for CCD cleaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.