Where is BOBMAN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

incognito

Jul 22, 2004
can anyone please let me know any contact of Bobman? he's not responding anymore from his phone # 81369676. and can anyone please advise his real name? let me know in PM please. thanks!

beats me. not that i care.

can anyone please let me know any contact of Bobman? he's not responding anymore from his phone # 81369676. and can anyone please advise his real name? let me know in PM please. thanks!

Prob not the wisest idea to come in and ask for contacts like this. Best you can do is to ask someone who knows him to come and contact you instead.

From his last posting, Bobman indicated he was busy shooting 5-6 weddings each month and he was enjoying every bit of it. I believe he is busy in his schedule. I hadnt received a penny since he last promised publicly to pay me and the rest of the 25 people whom he owed $400, plus scores of debt collected from Clubsnap members, equipment dealers, pub owner and several individuals who PMed me.

I heard with his new 5D, 1 series camera and L lenses, he is making good pictures to help couples capture lovely moments.

Perhaps he should be making enough soon to repay us soon. Perhaps he is a good man afterall with a kind heart.

Oh my....

From his last posting, Bobman indicated he was busy shooting 5-6 weddings each month and he was enjoying every bit of it. I believe he is busy in his schedule. I hadnt received a penny since he last promised publicly to pay me and the rest of the 25 people whom he owed $400, plus scores of debt collected from Clubsnap members, equipment dealers, pub owner and several individuals who PMed me.

I heard with his new 5D, 1 series camera and L lenses, he is making good pictures to help couples capture lovely moments.

Perhaps he should be making enough soon to repay us soon. Perhaps he is a good man afterall with a kind heart.

:bsmilie:

Do discreetly and got your money back.

suggest u ask ask his all gd friends and kahkis here
think they will be able to help u

There is such a thing as unfair contract terms.
Meaning one takes money from others without performing the service or giving the product promised and there is a list of unfair terms stating situations where one gets to keep their money and not return it.

From past messages by various forum members and even the admin, there seems to be differing opinions of said person.

The amount of money in question on an individual basis is not so big that people will take stern action or make it police case or escalate it to national newspapers with said person's photo shown to all.

I have read the past exchange of messages and am at a loss as to why said person's actions are tolerated officially.

Either that or you can find Bob sitting between two mountains meditating about life.

Do discreetly and got your money back.

Hi airforce1

No use. Discreet or non discreet, he wouldnt pay. He even promised a $50 a month installment, but he did not fulfill. Instead, he spent our money on camera gears to make money since he had shifted his paradigm of lust.

suggest u ask ask his all gd friends and kahkis here
think they will be able to help u

Hi EOW

Do PM me who are his kahkis here. Perhaps they can help.

Meaning one takes money from others without performing the service or giving the product promised and there is a list of unfair terms stating situations where one gets to keep their money and not return it.

From past messages by various forum members and even the admin, there seems to be differing opinions of said person.

The amount of money in question on an individual basis is not so big that people will take stern action or make it police case or escalate it to national newspapers with said person's photo shown to all.

I have read the past exchange of messages and am at a loss as to why said person's actions are tolerated officially.

could he be mistaken for?
as i thought he always got his reason for not able to pay up?

Hi EOW

Do PM me who are his kahkis here. Perhaps they can help.
be patience matter of time they will surface sooner or later.

Hi ricoflex,

Appreciate your inputs here. The quantum of money involved is not just a few hundred dollars for some. Branded studio lightings cost >$5k per equipment dealers here who kena the scam. An individual who paid him $5k cash to invest in his studio. An notable individual here who invested $2k in his darkroom setup. Plus 25 x $400 for 1 workshop, plus "x" number of people who signed up for fake shoots, plus >$1k of unpaid drinks at a pub at beach road, plus nude models fee whom he did not pay after completing the shoots. He even threatened the nude models he would submit their nude shots to chinese press for gossip talk. That's how lowly he gets.

A logic here why almost no one here dare stand against him is because of ricebowl. Many photogs here do make some pocket monies by taking photography as a freelance job. They would rather write it off as bad debt than to allow Bobman disturb them at their work place or as freelancers in the hobby.

And, since there is no tangible contract with signature, the case can get abit tricky here in cyberspace.

When I asked Bobman last November for his real name during one of the kopi sessions (which I paid for), he shook his head to indicate he had no name. I asked him for his surname, he shook his head again with his eyes squinting. When I asked where he stayed, he raised his right hand and pointed backwards towards Indonesia without uttering a word. My internal fraud alarm bell sounded off to say con man! At that time, it was too late as I just handed him part of the cash deposit. During the next session, I brought him out for dinner to really nail down a date for the workshop by his so called overseas instructor. He started spewing vulgarities at certain CS members here whom he claimed played him out. He mentioned he needed more people to join. I asked him how many he needed to start the workshop, he did not answer.

Then when I exposed him, he publicly disclosed there are over 20 people who signed up for the workshop and had already paid him! With 25x$400, he had more than enough money to fly an instructor + OSM over, rent a porsh studio and still have spare money for his 5D, 1 series plus L zooms. But he chose to walk away as he thought the thread posting for the workshop at Clubsnap was deleted and there is no evidence. But he forgot that the deleted posting about his workshops is backed up and deleted threads are can be retreived for court hearing or police investigations.

Well, the official personnel in this forum had reassured me they would assist anyone with Bobman's details on thread posting if there is a court order. But to file a lawsuit, it cost >$5k. Good money after bad money actually.

Perhaps he is really doing good by providing good OSM shoots for members here to enjoy. But at what cost may we ask?

Cheers to a good weekend.

Either that or you can find Bob sitting between two mountains meditating about life.

Hi Sion

Name me the mountain, I will fly a mission troop to hunt him down.

Thanks for cracking up the mood here, my friend.

bobman again ?? haha

Status
Not open for further replies.