Where in China good for photography?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skopio

Nov 26, 2006
halo all,

i'm not sure where's the right place to post this so i'll try here. don't think it'd be right to post this in the travel photo gallery, so here goes.

i'll be making a trip down to china next month, for almost a month, travelling from beijing down south to shenzhen and finally hong kong. my friends and i will be taking the coastal route down, below is our proposed itinerary but yet to be confirmed. :dunno:

beijing
tianjing
qingdao
nanjing
suzhou
shanghai
hangzhou
xiamen
guangzhou
hong kong

i'd like to know if there's anywhere within or roughly along this route that die die must go for a photographer. like interesting places for scenics/streets. i've never been there :bsmilie: before so would appreciate any advice as to what places to visit as well as what to do.

yes, we are backpacking, going budget. hope to have a good experience there of course! i'm like the only one interested in photography among the group of four that is going, but they are willing to accomodate me if i give them nice shots in return!

any advice would be appreciated much. i'll share the photos once i'm back of course (if u don't mind lousy pix)! :D

thanks in advance guys!

The whole of China is good for photography. You just have to explore.

Even singapore is good to shoot already.

13 cities in 1 month? I think schedule is too tight, considering u are backpacking and on budget travelling.

13 cities in 1 month? I think schedule is too tight, considering u are backpacking and on budget travelling.

quite a few are day trips, like smaller towns 1 hour away from the bigger city. so its not really 13 cities la.

bingo... even no landscape you can shoot portrait... :bsmilie:

was wondering any particular scenic place in any of those cities that anyone been to and can recommend?

Even singapore is good to shoot already.

The whole of China is good for photography. You just have to explore.

actually anywhere you go can take photo, even my block downstairs. i was thinking whether there are specific sights that one should go, places that one shouldn't miss.

also, for photo equipment purchase, china or hk better?

Here is what I think "die die must go":
(the blank ones I am not familiar, hope someone else will help u)

beijing - 紫禁城 颐和园 天坛 长城
tianjing
yantai
qingdao
jinan
nanjing 阅江楼 古城墙 长江大桥
suzhou
shanghai 南浦大桥 东方明珠塔 外滩
hangzhou 钱塘江 西湖三潭印月 雷峰塔
xiamen 鼓浪屿 南菩陀寺
guangzhou
shenzhen (just shopping only)
hong kong 太平山顶 金紫荆广场

Here is what I think "die die must go":
(the blank ones I am not familiar, hope someone else will help u)

beijing - 紫禁城 颐和园 天坛 长城
tianjing
yantai
qingdao
jinan
nanjing 阅江楼 古城墙 长江大桥
suzhou
shanghai 南浦大桥 东方明珠塔 外滩
hangzhou 钱塘江 西湖三潭印月 雷峰塔
xiamen 鼓浪屿 南菩陀寺
guangzhou
shenzhen (just shopping only)
hong kong 太平山顶 金紫荆广场

thanks astin for your suggestions. i'll take a good look at these places! :D

Actually 1 month a bit tight to go to so many places.

I spent 45 days....covering less.

You may want to go up to Taishan (near Qingdao area, Taian) as well. Taishan surrounding area is low land so if u go up will be able to have a feeling that you are on top of the world. Will take you around 3-5 hours to hike from bottom to top (only around 1,500m). Then at the top there quite a lot of accom to choose from. But be prepared for **** hole nia. Interesting part will be the later part of the hike known as 泰山十八盘

You may want to go to Huang Shan as well, through 千岛湖, Near Hangzhou area. Huang shan best is to go up from the 梦幻景区, newly open route just a few yrs ago. Will take around 6-10 hours using that route if compare to the usual one. For Huang shan the living condition up there slightly better if compare to taishan. That time I hiked up the normal route then go down a bit from the peak to the 梦幻景区.....then i think....damm should have come up from there.

thanks foreverlovex! will definitely check those places out as my friends and i do want to do some short trekking as well. :D

That time I hiked up the normal route then go down a bit from the peak to the 梦幻景区.....then i think....damm should have come up from there.

by "there" you mean should have went up by the 梦幻景区?

erm, everyone's talking about the pollution, is it really that bad? i've seen pix of hk sky, it's like permanent haze! ;p
is china similar - meaning cant see the blue sky? :dunno:

thanks foreverlovex! will definitely check those places out as my friends and i do want to do some short trekking as well. :D

by "there" you mean should have went up by the 梦幻景区?

erm, everyone's talking about the pollution, is it really that bad? i've seen pix of hk sky, it's like permanent haze! ;p
is china similar - meaning cant see the blue sky? :dunno:

Yup....should have gone up from 梦幻景区

The sky ya....depends on your luck bah. More than half of the time should be hazy. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.