Where got good deal for dry cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadus

Jan 17, 2002
HWZ?
mylife.clubsnap.org
My dry cabinet seems spoilt liao. Forever at 70-90% for the last 6 mths liao.
Anyone knows where to find a reasonably priced one? recommendation appreciated

me searching for one too. can recommend a size? let's say have the following things to put in:
3 slr bodies, 2 compact cams
1 70-200 2.8
1 50-500 (bigma)
4 med-size lens(about 25-30cmtall)
20 zip disks + 2 zip drives (storage purpose, seldom used)
2 flashes

and also, what's the diff among AD series, analog series, DHC series, and wide series? so many choices, a bit blur blur. which one is more commonly used? thanks!:)

satay16 said:
me searching for one too. can recommend a size? let's say have the following things to put in:
3 slr bodies, 2 compact cams
1 70-200 2.8
1 50-500 (bigma)
4 med-size lens(about 25-30cmtall)
20 zip disks + 2 zip drives (storage purpose, seldom used)
2 flashes

and also, what's the diff among AD series, analog series, DHC series, and wide series? so many choices, a bit blur blur. which one is more commonly used? thanks!:)

For you case at least 100L. And I can only recomm DHC pro version. :dunno:

AD is digital LCD without backlite and wide one I think only DHC.

YMMV

Get the DHC version, forget the AD series. A DHC-80 or DHC-100 would seems to fit your bill totally.

Is the DHC version better than the AD version.
What's the price for something around 40-60L

why DHC? any particular advantage over the AD series?

Yes, DHC is the professional series, more expensive by a bit, but lasts a long way.

DHC-60 shld be around $220? I forgot the last MO I did is how much, you can do a search on my past DigiCabi MO threads (look for threads started by espn, not _espn_).

according to digihub, smallest DHC is 40L eh.
Anyway, how much for 80L version do you know?

satay16 said:
why DHC? any particular advantage over the AD series?
Digital control for humidity, accuracy of +3% as compared to AD with accuracy of +7%.

Shadus said:
according to digihub, smallest DHC is 40L eh.
Anyway, how much for 80L version do you know?
I got mine at $287 IIRC.

hope my poor cameras and tapes no fungus. haha... me procastinate for so long. today i saw water vapor IN the cabinet...gosh!

_espn_ said:
Digital control for humidity, accuracy of +3% as compared to AD with accuracy of +7%.

so..... just only accuracy? sounds abit not-worth-to-pay-more.

satay16 said:
so..... just only accuracy? sounds abit not-worth-to-pay-more.
Not only that, you need not turn the dial inside the cabinet, wait for the humidity level to settle then adjust again. Once set on the DHC, the humidity will always be kept at the level.

Also the trays I believe on the DHC are drawable, comes with a cool black coloured finish as well.

The DHC humidity controls are set outside of the cabinet itself, via controls.

what's the price diff between a DHC and AD 100L? and also, was looking at the website pic, dun really see how i am supposed to put the 70-200 inside. is it must take out one tray to fit this lens?

Status
Not open for further replies.