Where freeing pets into the wild is charity

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyes

Nov 15, 2003
Australia
www.aljazeera.net
Some folks think that letting go pets and other animal lives into the wild is some kind of an act of charity, so this is what happens.

The owner finds it cruel (or cumbersome) to keep his pet tortoise, so he decides to let go of it. :(

p1010014.jpg

Some cruel (sadist) folks (from the public) are around and sick enough to paint the tortoise's back with toxic commercial paint. The word is a chinese character that connotatively implies an insult. :eek:

And by the way, what is this tortoise doing on a beach? The scorching sun fried it so hard that this fella is hiding under the bushes along the edge of sand. :bheart:

p1010016v.jpg

What do you think of the pet owners and those who let go living creatures into the wild (or rather concrete) Singapore?

I think people who release turtle in the wild will mark the shell with some kind of mark so someone will not re-capture it again. Heard from old people lah.

can be anything lah, some paint 4D somemore.

I've seen those release into reservoir - paint smiley face, paint Chinese characters, paint 4D numbers, paint stick man, paint ..... but majority Chinese characters and 4D numbers. :sweat:

Some folks think that letting go pets and other animal lives into the wild is some kind of an act of charity,

What do you think of the pet owners and those who let go living creatures into the wild (or rather concrete) Singapore?

Personally I think some people just don't know any better. The truth is that animals raised as pets never grew up with parents from the wild that trained them how to hunt and survive in the wilderness and so lost their survival instincts. Pets let loose in the wild wind up being dangerous to themselves and the public and are often caught and killed or die slowly and staving from miserable lives.

Last edited:
i still haven't forgive my mum ever since she release my sis terrapins into little guilin...:cry:

Chinese believe that releasing animals into the wild is a way of 积功德.

so the painting on the turtle shell actually for the deities to see their good deed of releasing animals, and bless the people for doing 放生.

I think these people need to go and find out whether the are deities more concern about animals welfare nowadays or not? else the deities will punish them instead of bless them...

Status
Not open for further replies.