Where do you sell your Home collection/Used stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOTUSfairy

Oct 10, 2006
Serangoon
Was wondering...where do you guys sell your Home collection/Used stuff?
Should work on a blog or go to any good webiste/forum for Selling?
I have tried Ebay.com.sg/Yahoo Auction (hmm..quiet) and SG Forum (too kiddy)...
cannot make it leh.. :cry:

I want to sell them in Singapore, if possible..

Advise appreciated..... (headache hah)...

wat u selling?

It really depends on what you are selling. I have sold many things on Ebay and Yahoo Auctions. They are very good for electornics. I have sold cameras, sofas, computer stuff, phones, etc... with success.

Whether you are successful or not depends on how you put up the ad. If you put a 1 liner, of course nobody will be interested. If you want to sell, then do a good job at putting up the ad. Then you need to lower the price somewhat because Singaporeans are quite stingy. Don't expect high price for used goods. Even if it is fairly new, you usually have to slash off about 30% to get a buyer.

My most recent sale is my Altec Lansing computer speakers. Sold for 1/2 price. My most recent purchase is an OSIM uPapa. It's practically new, and I got it for $240. That's 2/3 of the price.

Ebay Singapore and Yahoo Auctions are not as hot as Ebay US... because we are a small country... but it's all right. Also, after you put up a good ad, you need to be patient if you want a good price.

I got loads of keychains, CDs, MP3/CD player, VCDs, books, movie posters, bags and movie memoribilia/collectible caps, a bicycle, and even a all-signed NEWCASTLE Jersey (dunno how to sell and wat price)..

and at this moment, my mom came in and show me a recycle bag and a leaflet...giveaway clothes and unused stuff for charity..raise money for a old folk home...now me and my parents are packing usuabe and good thingsto giveaway....

;)
I got loads of keychains, CDs, MP3/CD player, VCDs, books, movie posters, bags and movie memoribilia/collectible caps, a bicycle, and even a all-signed NEWCASTLE Jersey (dunno how to sell and wat price)..

and at this moment, my mom came in and show me a recycle bag and a leaflet...giveaway clothes and unused stuff for charity..raise money for a old folk home...now me and my parents are packing usuabe and good thingsto giveaway....

Thats nice to help out the old folk home. What bicycle you selling, maybe I will be interested. or you wan donate to me. ;)

;)

Thats nice to help out the old folk home. What bicycle you selling, maybe I will be interested. or you wan donate to me. ;)
How about this: She 'sells' you the bicycle, and you give the money she asked for it to a charity of her choice?

he he he he

HS

Forget the keychains... The time and effort to put up the ad will be worth more than the keychains.

If the CDs/VCDs are pirated, then throw them away... because nobody wants your used pirated CDs. If they are originals and in good condition, you can post them up for less than 1/2 the price at the shops. Nowadays, people are watching and collecting DVDs, so CDs are a bit valueless.

Nobody wants your old books either, unless they are collectables. If you want to put them up, maybe in a bulk and let it go for really cheap.

Branded bags in good condition can be sold for good prices. When branded, I mean Gucci, Prada, Coach, etc... and not Bonia or equivalent. Non branded ones sell for $5 each. $10 if you are lucky.

Movie posters and memoribilia and signed jerseys can go for good prices to the right people. If you don't know at what price to sell, just put up a slightly higher price but state that it is negotiable. People in Singapore love to negotiate, so you will need to entertain them. Even if you put a cheap price, they will sometimes still negotiate. If you are the impatient kind, then you will not be very successful with your sales.

Only you know what price are your old goods. You have an idea what you want to let go at. If you are throwing them away, then maybe 50 cents should be the price? If it is a rare item, like the football jersey, then you will have to ask yourself... at what price will you be willing to part with it... and then slap on a buffer to allow people to negotiate. After you put it up, and if nobody asks you any questions, then you lower the price... then wait again. That's how it goes, unless you are in desperate need of money.

No lah..I am not desperate for money lah...I am desperate for room space...

Bags are JPG (bought at $400)...maybe scout around for the 2nd hand branded shops..
CDs are original (me in music business lah).
Books are hmm...normal..
Keychain..(i have decided to give them away liao).
Bicycle (reserve for a good friend liao).
Clothes (new/unused) - given to the charity liao..
Posters (giving to my friend's new office, deco)..

Think of it... its really a hassle and long process to load on the website.......except my Newcastle Jersey..worth a try..:sweat:

No lah..I am not desperate for money lah...I am desperate for room space...

Bags are JPG (bought at $400)...maybe scout around for the 2nd hand branded shops..
CDs are original (me in music business lah).
Books are hmm...normal..
Keychain..(i have decided to give them away liao).
Bicycle (reserve for a good friend liao).
Clothes (new/unused) - given to the charity liao..
Posters (giving to my friend's new office, deco)..

Think of it... its really a hassle and long process to load on the website.......except my Newcastle Jersey..worth a try..:sweat:

u may try selling at Sungei Road. :sweatsm:

Flowerpod is good for girlie stuff!! :lovegrin:

erhh..if i set up a stall at flea market...will invite u guys to come..:bsmilie:

:bsmilie: erh...I will buzy taking photo at Sungei and forgot about selling liao..

:bsmilie: erh...I will buzy taking photo at Sungei and forgot about selling liao..

What CD titles u have? Maybe worth a look. Music CDs are always in demand. :)

if you want fast and convenient to get rid of them is donate them away.
to maximize the profit of selling is to DIY online selling.
selling in Yahoo or Ebay, you need photos and detail of your items.
you also can use a blogger or multiply site to display the photo and details of your item for sale, than put a link (used item for sale) in your signature of your email.
some items may take few months to sell, so you decide do you want to do it or not.

hi, I would like to have the list too.. pls PM me, ok?

Tks
:)

oki..:) I will have the list when I come back from Crossing bridges on 9 June 2007.
paiseh..

I am looking for a forum to sell this too..
005902.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.