Where do you normally get your lens from?

nanochan1

Feb 2, 2009
Local outlets?
Buy and Sell?
Online shopping such as Amazon?

where is the best deal ? :)

Most of the "normal" shops are quite good.

Search the forums and in the "newbies" sub-forum

I personally recommend SLR Revolution at Funan :thumbsup:

Most of the "normal" shops are quite good.

Search the forums and in the "newbies" sub-forum

I personally recommend SLR Revolution at Funan :thumbsup:

I bought my kit from SLR. :)
but they do not sell Tamron 18-250mm lens. Since lens is global warranty it doesn't really matter where I get it from yahs? :)

...Since lens is global warranty it doesn't really matter where I get it from yahs? :)

Wrong assumption! If you buy locally from authorized agent's stock, you can apply for local warranty. If you need warranty cover outside Singapore, you'll need to request for an international warranty card. Also not every country offers international warranty and the duration of warranty and terms of cover usually varies from country to country. So you best check carefully and don't assume warranty is global nor automatic. Those who buy from outside Singapore or buy grey sets need to be mindful of this.

I bought my kit from SLR. :)
but they do not sell Tamron 18-250mm lens. Since lens is global warranty it doesn't really matter where I get it from yahs? :)

Grey sets may not have international warranty.... Tamron may have 3 years local warranty... So it may matter. Please clarify before you buy as some shops also offer "shop warranty":bigeyes:

Mostly B&H or online sources. Seldom from local retail.

They will say they don't have Pentax mount & stuff.
they will say
why buy pentax? canikon is so much better!
atleast that's what they said to me

they will say

Tell them Pentax is a cult. Tonight we come with Candles and Parangs for some cleansing. :bsmilie: :devil:

Well, I can say the reason why they said that is bcoz SLR Revo is beside them, of course if Pentax then SLR Revo comes to mind. So in marketing terms, killing the brand is another way for boosting their sales. of course Canikon is more about Branding.

Last edited:
No fixed place for me.

I've good experiecens buying stuff and lenses from CP, OP, SLRR.

I also buy from BnS but you really have to be careful and examine what you buy.

Most recently, I have been buying from stores in China, Shanghai specifically. For some lenses, the prices are very very good.

they will say

Well I think he truly means "why buy pentax? canikon is so much better(for our profit margin)"

Hehe

Well I think he truly means "why buy pentax? canikon is so much better(for our profit margin)"

Hehe

:bsmilie: the shop has overheads and people need to eat ;) so can't blame them for trying.

in any case, its not exactly "unavailable"... just have to order and pick it up when it arrives.

For me, its B&H photo or BnS section. :)

they will say

Huh?When i was buying memory card from them a few weeks ago,they said:

'U using Pentax ar?Good good'

:bsmilie::bsmilie:

Huh?When i was buying memory card from them a few weeks ago,they said:

'U using Pentax ar?Good good'

:bsmilie::bsmilie:
hmm..
maybe if buying body instead of accessories their response different. XD

this happened last january actually.

Have bought lenses from Manly, OP, TK Foto, B&S & ebay, but none from SLRR cos' twice I wanted to buy they dun have stock :(