Where do you keep yr photo and video

steventay

Jun 3, 2005
Singapore
www.fotoacs.com
i have 100 GB of photo and video.

where is the good recommend place to host it for private purpose?

is flickr pro good?

Last edited:
i have 100 GB of photo and video.

where is the good recommend place to host it for private purpose?

is flickr pro good?

I'm using flickr pro.

Its convenient and fast, I feel. I like the interface too. Quite user friendly. Easy to grab the links to the photos as well.

The only drawback is that I cannot arrange the photos in the photostream unless I manipulate the dates on the photos.
However, this can be remedied when you organize your photos into sets.
Its kinda expensive too, on hindsight. Haha.. But ok la.. Since I had already uploaded and placed links to many photos n Flickr, I decided to upgrade to Flickr pro. 24 + per year I think.

private purposes than use drop box

i got a 1 TB HDD which I back my photos into. worryingly it is filling up rather quickly. I wonder if i should not include so many photos of cats.

unless you pay money, else the most you can get is not more than 18GB

There's definitely ways to get more for free. I am currently at 84.22GB of free space and only used 4 of my referrals.

how to do that?

Dropbox runs promotions once in a while for free storage. There's the yearly dropquest and betas for new features which all increases your storage if you participate.

Screen_Shot_2013-03-31_at_3_38_00_AM.png

This is what I use:
D-Link UK | DNS-320 ShareCenter

How much storage space you have is based on how much space your HDD have and how you configure it. You can load in 2x 3TB and get total of 6TB or do a RAID1 to have a duplicated 3TB. i.e. you only have 3TB space but your files are saved to both HDD.

It can also be configured to access through a web browser anywhere. The only limitation you have is your internet connection speed at home.

Apart from subscribing to Flickr Pro, I also backup my data on 2 duplicate sets of blurays

Ryan

does Flickr Pro allow sorting of photo according to date?

You will have to go through the flickr Organizr, and click sort by dates uploaded / dates taken. then create your defined photo sets from there.

Ryan

Flickr pro is one of the cheapest abt $25/yr, but smugmug looks much better with its dark/ customisable skins but $60/yr..

For yrs, people have been asking Flickr for dark background to display photos, but has been largely ignored, still WHITE..

Last edited:
thank for the reply.

does Flickr Pro come with software sync tool?

If you are referring to automatic synchronizing photos off ur phone or desktop folder somewhat like dropbox , there are some 3rd party apps like photosync. But I have not tried them before.

Ryan

Is our picture safe into Flickr ? Or it will appear in google search after we delete the picture ?

I use a 3TB HDD for Photo that I work on, another 3TB HDD as backup (Mac Timemachine). (currently left with only 1.85TB)

Those already process and want share ones are in Flickr.

Last edited:
I use a 3TB HDD for Photo that I work on, another 3TB HDD as backup (Mac Timemachine). (currently left with only 1.85TB)

Those already process and want share ones are in Flickr.

mac Timemachine is good as it will auto sync and backup...

windows dont have such good one.