Where do you keep yr photo and video

mac Timemachine is good as it will auto sync and backup...

windows dont have such good one.

Windows just do a Raid. But yes mac time machine is fantastic! they even give option to revert to when. Being using this for like 4-5 years.

Windows just do a Raid. But yes mac time machine is fantastic! they even give option to revert to when. Being using this for like 4-5 years.

raid is for online backup.. does not able to go back timing...

time machine is the best ever made.

raid is for online backup.. does not able to go back timing...

time machine is the best ever made.

Raid is for online backup? Do you even know what you're talking about or are you too stuck in macland?

Raid is for online backup? Do you even know what you're talking about or are you too stuck in macland?

Probably he only heard of RAID on servers. He never knew RAID can be either hardware or software RAID. He definitely don't know that RAID is a duplicate of an entire HDD and can be done on client OS too.

Last edited:
Probably he only heard of RAID on servers. He never knew RAID can be either hardware or software RAID. He definitely don't know that RAID is a duplicate of an entire HDD and can be done on client OS too.

Yeah. I mean, my drives are in RAID. Just for redundancy and protection...

saberlancer said:
Flickr pro is one of the cheapest abt $25/yr, but smugmug looks much better with its dark/ customisable skins but $60/yr..

For yrs, people have been asking Flickr for dark background to display photos, but has been largely ignored, still WHITE..

Hi. But flickr does display images on a black background. If you cluck on the image once it expands and the background becomes back too.

Hi. But flickr does display images on a black background. If you cluck on the image once it expands and the background becomes back too.

Yah thats the Lightbox feature, no it opens on black only when u change fullscreen view?

People wants a black interface even during thumbnail.

timemachine better in term of technology
iFanboy? Really sad .. There are plenty of other sync and backup tools for other platforms. But once the vision is iClouded ..
I suggest you ponder again about what exactly you want to have stored and available where. No point pushing 100GB to any online storage platform. Be selective, clean up older pictures. If you just want to have your 50GB snapshots and birthday videos online then any home NAS appliance with DynDNS is sufficient. If you want to showcase work for professional purposes I suggest selecting a platform that has a decent professional appearance. Further details can be found in PhotoBiz section.

Last edited:
Is our picture safe into Flickr ? Or it will appear in google search after we delete the picture ?

You can make it viewable to yourself + not publicly searchable.

But of course if you give the link to anyone they will be able to see it anytime...

Flickr recently had a glitch where private photos became viewable. That's the risk of putting things online anyways, imho.