Where do you keep your gears during flight ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Photoholic

Jan 25, 2010
Somewhere Around You
Hi. I am wondering how you guys safeguard your gears when you are onboard the plane?

I believed the camera body + lens will be with your side at all times or do you keep at the compartment above your seats ?

p.s *** if there's a thread regarding this topic will appreciate if can paste link here.

Tks.

in the overhead compartment. thank god so far so good.

I will put it at the compartment on top because it's much more safer/easier and comfortable?

how bout tripod + tripod head? check in together with the main luggage?

Always in the overheads. Have flown many times with a tripod as carry on, though had grief trying to get one onto a domestic flight in vietnam.:think:

All my lenses, camera body, laptop, Ext HDD in my computrekker backpack, under the seat in front of me.

I mentioned before in another thread: all bags big or small can only be put overhead on a flight to Taiwan. I tried to put underneath the seats and the stewardress asked me to put it up.

I mentioned before in another thread: all bags big or small can only be put overhead on a flight to Taiwan. I tried to put underneath the seats and the stewardress asked me to put it up.

In that case I must have been either very lucky, or the stewardess too busy to chap me...

Overhead compartment. I don't usually fall asleep on flights. Plus I put my bag such a way that one has to totally remove the bag from the overhead compartment before they can open the bag and grab the camera.

If you are sitting at emergency exit row, you cannot put anything under the seat in front of you, even if there is a seat infront of you.

If you are sitting at emergency exit row, you cannot put anything under the seat in front of you, even if there is a seat infront of you.

Of course not seated there! Its a whole flight policy, everyone have to put all their bag overhead.

I keep mine in the landing gear compartment along with the mangled and twisted body of a stowaway jammed within the undercarriage. Alternatively If possible, I would select a seat with an access panel to the avionics bay or cargo hold hidden underneath the carpeting and dump it down there. :bsmilie:

Last edited:
Overhead. It couldn't fit in the space under the seat anyway. :embrass:

I travel lightly. One camera one lens on me at all times.

Overhead compartment..... just one midsize camera bag (lowepro flipside 400AW).....

All my lenses, camera body, laptop, Ext HDD in my computrekker backpack, under the seat in front of me.

Same Same but different :sweat:?! Mine is in Crumpler 7Mil Bag with Laptop, Body and 3 lens under seat in front of me. Done it both on SQ and Jetstar flights with no issues.

i kept my gears in the overhead compartment. :)

Same Same but different :sweat:?! Mine is in Crumpler 7Mil Bag with Laptop, Body and 3 lens under seat in front of me. Done it both on SQ and Jetstar flights with no issues.

How do you include a Laptop into the 7Mil Bag?...I have the same bag & I'm already having space constraints?...:what:

I usually carry 1 camera,2 batteries, 3 lenses and extra mem cards. all store in upper compartment. everything else checkin.

so far, no issues. jus came bck from russia via qatar airways. no prob at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.