Where do you guys take photos during Chinese Lunar New Year ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yutaka Go

May 22, 2010
SG
Beside Sentosa Flowers, River Hongbao and China Town, where do you go to take photos during Chinese Lunar New Year ?

Anywhere you want to. It's a small island so just try to explore a bit

Chinese New Year all the landscape places also open mar... :dunno:

What's wrong with Punggol Beach, Lower Peirce Reservoir, etc? :p

at places with other cats

Chinese New Year all the landscape places also open mar... :dunno:

What's wrong with Punggol Beach, Lower Peirce Reservoir, etc? :p

Are there any Chinese New Year decorations there ?

go shoot xmm in cheongsam

Are there any Chinese New Year decorations there ?

If that's what you're asking, then your question is wrong mar. You asked "where do you guys take photos during Chinese LNY".

You should be asking "Where are the places with Chinese New Year decorations during CNY, which are good for taking photos?"

To your question, can la. You can go market buy CNY deco and decorate Punggol Beach. But please remove the deco when you leave. :bsmilie:

You can dress up as a cat with cny deco n walk around. For sure got chance to shoot you :angel:

@ TS try going to all you've mentioned since we have 4 long days holiday (Sat-Tue)

Need not be limited to CNY only ma..

still can go anywhere you want.. But if you really want to be related to Chinese new year..another one would be gardens by the bay..i read flower dome they have some thing going on there..spring blossom or something..:)

Last edited:
don't go Sentosa flowers, big disappointment. Even the surveyor told us she got mostly neg feedbacks, some even want their $ back. I couldn't agree more.

Need not be limited to CNY only ma..

still can go anywhere you want.. But if you really want to be related to Chinese new year..another one would be gardens by the bay..i read flower dome they have some thing going on there..spring blossom or something..:)

I have been to these locations every year. I was hoping to go to somewhere different this year :)
A break from the usual routine.

I have been to these locations every year. I was hoping to go to somewhere different this year :)
A break from the usual routine.

Try temples and just walk around older estates.when people are going visiting

i just went chinese garden for some shooting, but ended up i thought i went to other countries. at some point, i kept slappig myself to find out whether i am dreaming or am i really in india/bangladesh/china/phillipines... i look left, i look right, i look everywhere but cant smell any singaporeans!!!

so u might wish to go chinese garden too, its a free trip/free teleportation to other countries...

Went to Garden by the bay but force to turn back at the entrance :(

The down pour is so bad that the buildings at CBD disappear in the cloud

15857ye.jpg

Last edited:
I recommend a nice bookshelf or take photos of your accessories like soft buttons and so on. You could also do some street photography and shoot old and sick people who can't run away or punch you anymore or take photos of girls from behind. Don't forget to cover your camera and lens in black tape to stay undetected. Though, I wouldn't recommend shooting outside, too humid for your camera and too hot for you and the fine dust might lower the resale value of your equipment. So if you go out, don't forget to take your dry cabinet with you to protect your equipment while you have a refreshment. Anyway, happy New Year!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.