Where do you guys take fireworks pix this friday night?

stussy

Oct 30, 2010
Where do you guys take pix of the fireworks this friday night? With all the crouds n all with limited place to stand at to get a nice view.. So where do you think the place to take pix? :)

I would be taking fireworks pics and countdown at the victoria harbour, hong kong! :cool:

tell u liao that place will become crowded

My house balcony. =p
Can see 50% of the fireworks. The other 50% is those low low one which will be blocked by the taller buildings but the high high one i can see full view. :D

1. Do a search for "fireworks" and you'll get dozens of threads that already discussed this.
2. If, and it's a big if, a photog knows of a less crowded place where they can get a good view of the fireworks, they sure as hell will not post it on a forum or share it.

Move back and let the crowd in front be your foreground for the fireworks? Don't have to be right at the front all the time. It's not as if the fireworks happen at ground level.
:)

sin77 said:
tell u liao that place will become crowded

I hate to think this way too but what he said does makes sense -.-

If, and it's a big if, a photog knows of a less crowded place where they can get a good view of the fireworks, they sure as hell will not post it on a forum or share it.

Blog+Photo+of+photographer+under+water.jpg

:thumbsup:

From my Friend's house balcony... haha

I will most likely be at home sleeping..

hey! some bad news! mine and maybe some of you guys usual countdown spot wont be available!

"But unlike previous years, the Esplanade Bridge will not be available as a vantage point as it will be opened to vehicular traffic. But revellers will have many other vantage points with the opening of new public spaces."

plan to head there like the past countdowns seems like need to find new camping spot!

pinnacle@duxton is great for having only half the view of the fireworks.
There is a taller commerical building in front of it blocking part of the view. :cry:

Not to mention they only allow 200 people up there in a day, and it closes at 10pm? They give priority to residents too, who seem to abuse their access cards by passing them through the gate and let 20 people in at a time. Personally I don't like the place :dunno:

Not to mention they only allow 200 people up there in a day, and it closes at 10pm? They give priority to residents too, who seem to abuse their access cards by passing them through the gate and let 20 people in at a time. Personally I don't like the place :dunno:

Closing at 10pm is because it is still a residential area, some people would prefer to sleep through the New Year and wake up awake without a headache. ;p
Everyone likes a free ride and so they would twist the arms of those who reside there to tryout the Ribena challenge.
Let's be gracious of them wanting to save $5, goes a long way to buying their next lens :)

What's so special about the fire works in SG ? Whole fireworks only 8mins ! I still prefer Japan and L.A, 20 mins at least..

What's so special about the fire works in SG ? Whole fireworks only 8mins ! I still prefer Japan and L.A, 20 mins at least..

Yes, I agree that SG fireworks is way shorter and smaller than most countries that I have been.
The special part is not in how grand the fireworks is but being there with the people you enjoy being.
Make the best of all locations especially when you are stuck here.
As a side note, it doesn't matter how grand the fireworks is if the picture taken sucks or if the photographer is sleeping at that time.